Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Updates and plugin installs are impossible
Updates and plugin installs are impossible [message #986046] Sat, 17 November 2012 20:47 Go to next message
katie evans is currently offline katie evansFriend
I've been trying to install plugins and find updates in Eclipse today without any success. I've never had any problems with this before. I first tried Helios but after a while I gave up and downloaded Juno which exhibits the same behavior:

When trying to connect to Juno's update site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/), Eclipse hangs while "fetching its children". I did my research and tried several suggestions like adding VM arguments or turning off my antivirus. None of this worked.

Please advise.
Re: Updates and plugin installs are impossible [message #986056 is a reply to message #986046] Sat, 17 November 2012 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don Zirfeld is currently offline Don ZirfeldFriend
I can't get Eclipse MAT to download either.
Re: Updates and plugin installs are impossible [message #986084 is a reply to message #986046] Sun, 18 November 2012 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Federico De Faveri is currently offline Federico De FaveriFriend
Same problem here. The update site is extremly slow (5 kb/s) and after a while stop responding. Impossible to install any plugin Sad .
Re: Updates and plugin installs are impossible [message #986094 is a reply to message #986084] Sun, 18 November 2012 19:01 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Our mirroring system had a fault. It's fixed now, so updates will get much much faster shortly.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:update error
Next Topic:Java7 Compatibility with Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:58:35 GMT 2024