Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » group transitions
group transitions [message #985985] Fri, 16 November 2012 22:59 Go to next message
Tim Born is currently offline Tim BornFriend
I was modeling group transitions using OT5.2 User Guide p. 218 as my example.
It shows three different kinds of group transitions.

The group transition out of a substate works fine.
The group transition out/in a substate works fine.

I'm have a little trouble modeling a group transition on the top level of the behavior.

index.php/fa/12421/0/

Looking at the syntax for the text of the ROOM model, it's not clear how I refer to the top level enclosing "state" for an FSM. Does it have a name? The editor didn't let me draw it.

I suppose there is a work around for this is I start my model with a single state and stuff everything inside of that ....

thanks,
-tim
Re: group transitions [message #986021 is a reply to message #985985] Sat, 17 November 2012 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Hi Tim,

for internal group transitions in eTrice you need to add a TransitionPoint. You can choose between a plain one which leaves the
history, executes all exit codes and enters the history again while executing all entry codes.
On the other hand the 'handler' TransitionPoint (which is a concept we added to ROOM) just leaves and enters the history without
executing entry and exit codes.

See attached screen shot.

Hope that helps,
Henrik

Am 16.11.2012 23:59, schrieb Tim Born:
> I was modeling group transitions using OT5.2 User Guide p. 218 as my example.
> It shows three different kinds of group transitions.
>
> The group transition out of a substate works fine.
> The group transition out/in a substate works fine.
>
> I'm have a little trouble modeling a group transition on the top level of the behavior.
>
>
>
> Looking at the syntax for the text of the ROOM model, it's not clear how I refer to the top level enclosing "state" for an FSM. Does it have a name? The editor didn't let me draw it.
>
> I suppose there is a work around for this is I start my model with a single state and stuff everything inside of that ....
>
> thanks,
> -tim
>
Re: group transitions [message #986048 is a reply to message #986021] Sat, 17 November 2012 20:54 Go to previous message
Tim Born is currently offline Tim BornFriend
Henrik -

You guys are outstanding! Thanks for the quick response. I was able to implement and verify all three of the group transitions found in the OT example, plus a group transition at the top level to answer a query "what state am I in?", which I used to construct some simple verification tests. You guys have done a great job with eTrice. Thanks very much.

-tim
Previous Topic:replicated ports
Next Topic:issue with the C TimingService
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:30:08 GMT 2024