Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to build the update site locally
How to build the update site locally [message #985968] Fri, 16 November 2012 21:21 Go to next message
François  Rey is currently offline François ReyFriend
Could anyone tell me how to build the egit update site locally using the tycho build in place? I'm hacking around egit and would like to easily install my own flavor, but I'm not a big user of maven/tycho...
Thanks
Re: How to build the update site locally [message #986130 is a reply to message #985968] Mon, 19 November 2012 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
This is explained in the contributor guide [1].

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Maven_Build_Sequence
Re: How to build the update site locally [message #986139 is a reply to message #986130] Mon, 19 November 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I must not look at the right place then because the build as explained in the developer guide does not produce on my linux 64 bit machine a new set of plugins/features inside egit/org.eclipse.egit.repository/target/repository, and it does say build successful. Am I looking at the right place? Is there a command to specifically trigger the build of the update site?
I often use -P skip-ui-tests because they often fail and take forever, but that should not matter right?

Re: How to build the update site locally [message #986156 is a reply to message #986139] Mon, 19 November 2012 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
org.eclipse.egit.repository/target/repository is the right place too look at. -P skip-ui-tests should not matter. Could you build only the org.eclipse.egit.repository project and check in the maven log what's happening?
Re: How to build the update site locally [message #987255 is a reply to message #986156] Sun, 25 November 2012 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I solved the problem by switching to the 4.2 target within eclipse (running 3.7.2 here), which triggered the downloading of the necessary plugins/features for that target. Then the p2 build was possible because it required the import feature which only builds with 4.2 target.
So I guess the maven build does not automate the target downloading.
Also what's the point of choosing a target for building? I suppose building with the 4.2 target still produces binaries usable in 3.7 environments. So I guess the target is only really useful for the test suite, right?
Re: How to build the update site locally [message #987256 is a reply to message #986156] Sun, 25 November 2012 09:14 Go to previous message
No Message Body
Previous Topic:Push and Pull errors
Next Topic:Wrong remotes are used in PHP Explorer View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:17:30 GMT 2024