Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » AutoUpdate Text associated to a ConnectionDecorator(AutoUpdate Text associated to a ConnectionDecorator)
AutoUpdate Text associated to a ConnectionDecorator [message #985951] Fri, 16 November 2012 20:40 Go to next message
Juan Quirós is currently offline Juan QuirósFriend
Hello, first of all, congratulations for all the work which you have done!

I am using Graphiti and I am not able to resolve a problem.

Need: I have two elements connected by a connection. I need to show a text associated to the business object linked to the connection, and being able to edit the text.

My approach: I am using patterns. So I have created a class which extends AbstractConnectionPattern as the tutorial says. But I need edit the text, and this class does not support methods for Direct Editing Feature, so I have to create new classes which implement AbstractUpdateFeature and AbstractDirectEditingFeature, and combine patterns with "classical features".

The problem: Everything works fine except AutoUpdate. When I modify the value associated to the text in the domain-model, graphiti does not update it automatically en the diagram, I have to update manually.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!
Re: AutoUpdate Text associated to a ConnectionDecorator [message #986743 is a reply to message #985951] Wed, 21 November 2012 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Juan,

usually the update is triggered from within the direct editing feature, see
the TutorialRenameEClassFeature. That could be missing in your case.

Michael
Re: AutoUpdate Text associated to a ConnectionDecorator [message #1001313 is a reply to message #986743] Wed, 16 January 2013 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juan Quirós is currently offline Juan QuirósFriend
First of all, I am sorry for answering so late.

I did what you said and it works! But is not automatical, the option it is placed on contextual menu. I would like graphiti to update automatically the diagram. Now, graphity detects a change and notifies it (sets text colour in red), but you have to update manually, clicking with right button and selecting update.
Re: AutoUpdate Text associated to a ConnectionDecorator [message #1001790 is a reply to message #1001313] Thu, 17 January 2013 11:23 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Juan,

have a look at the isAutoUpdateAt... methods IDiagramTypeProvider. They
should enable you to change that default behavior.

Michael
Previous Topic:invoke Create Feature
Next Topic:new Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:41:14 GMT 2024