Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails(Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed)
Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985934] Fri, 16 November 2012 18:03 Go to next message
Marc Fournier is currently offline Marc FournierFriend
Morning all ...

To open, we originally setup Hudson to deploy to a Tomcat7 server, and all works like a charm, but the developers have decided they wish to use features available in JBoss 7.x, so we are migrating our environment over to it.

I've got JBoss 7.x standalone up and running, and can access the console by going to http:// server:8080 -> Application Console ... I used the add-user.sh script to create a user in both the Management and Application Realms (I believe its only the Application Realm I need though?) and then proceeded to reconfigure my project in Hudson, with 'JBoss URL' set to http:// server and JMX Port set to 9999 ...

If I go there via my browser, it connects, I get a few 'graphic characters' and then the IP of the remote server ...

When I do a 'Build Now' in Hudson, it can't deploy though, with a fairly long stacktrace, but I believe the relevant part of it is:

"Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed"

I've searched Google for every combination I can think of, and am coming up dry ... I'm suspecting I've missed a setup / configuration option on the JBoss side, but not a clue as to what it is, or where to look for an answer ...

Suggestions / help ... ?

Thanks ...
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985939 is a reply to message #985934] Fri, 16 November 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Marc, are you trying to deploy using deploy plugin?

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985940 is a reply to message #985939] Fri, 16 November 2012 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, and made sure I was upgraded to the newest version ...
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985941 is a reply to message #985940] Fri, 16 November 2012 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

What version of hudson, and jboss 7.x specifically are you using?

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */

[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2012 18:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985947 is a reply to message #985941] Fri, 16 November 2012 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, should have known to include all of that Sad

JBoss 7.1.1.Final
Hudson 2.2.1
Deploy Plugin 1.8
OpenJDK 7.6.24 (both on JBoss and Hudson Servers ... separate machines)

Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985952 is a reply to message #985947] Fri, 16 November 2012 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Make sure security-realm="ManagementRealm" is set in the remote tag of your host.xml file.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */

[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2012 20:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985958 is a reply to message #985952] Fri, 16 November 2012 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k, so this may be where I'm doing things wrong ... the only host.xml I find is in domain/configuration ... I'm running standalone ... so, for what I'm trying to do, should I be using domain? or just copy host.xml -> standalone?

I had thought that domain was for when / if I had multiple jboss servers, which was why I was running standalone for now ...

thx
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985963 is a reply to message #985958] Fri, 16 November 2012 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note that I just checked my standalone.xml file, and it does appear to have it:

<management>
        <security-realms>
            <security-realm name="ManagementRealm">
                <authentication>
                    <properties path="mgmt-users.properties" relative-to="jboss.server.config.dir"/>
                </authentication>
            </security-realm>
            <security-realm name="ApplicationRealm">
                <authentication>
                    <properties path="application-users.properties" relative-to="jboss.server.config.dir"/>
                </authentication>
            </security-realm>
        </security-realms>
        <management-interfaces>
            <native-interface security-realm="ManagementRealm">
                <socket-binding native="management-native"/>
            </native-interface>
            <http-interface security-realm="ManagementRealm">
                <socket-binding http="management-http"/>
            </http-interface>
        </management-interfaces>
    </management>
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #985988 is a reply to message #985963] Sat, 17 November 2012 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Would it be possible to see the entire standalone.xml file? You can email it to me (schristou88@gmail.com).

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #986274 is a reply to message #985988] Mon, 19 November 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sent it over the weekend, let me know if you didn't receive and I'll resend ... it seemed a wee bit long to post it to here ...

thx
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #988409 is a reply to message #986274] Thu, 29 November 2012 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Deploy Plugin has been update to 1.9 to resolve this issue.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #1020314 is a reply to message #988409] Sun, 17 March 2013 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John O is currently offline John OFriend
It seems the issue has not been fixed in new version 1.9. Here below is my obeservation;

1). version 1.8, it gave the error
===================================================================
Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed
at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:315)
at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:214)
at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)
at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:189)
at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$1.handleEvent(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:103)
at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:189)
at org.xnio.ssl.JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.handleReadable(JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.java:180)
at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$1.handleEvent(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:103)
at org.xnio.nio.NioHandle.run(NioHandle.java:90)
at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:184)
at ...asynchronous invocation...(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:270)
at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:251)
at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:349)
at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:337)
at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connect(ProtocolChannelClient.java:125)
at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelClient.java:134)
... 30 more

2). after upgraded to version 1.9, now getting new error
===================================================================
org.codehaus.cargo.util.CargoException: Deployment action ADD failed
at org.codehaus.cargo.tools.jboss.JBossDeployer.executeAction(JBossDeployer.java:145)
at org.codehaus.cargo.tools.jboss.JBossDeployer.deploy(JBossDeployer.java:84)
at org.codehaus.cargo.container.jboss.JBoss5xRemoteDeployer.deploy(JBoss5xRemoteDeployer.java:212)
at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.AbstractDeployer.redeploy(AbstractDeployer.java:212)
at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter.deploy(CargoContainerAdapter.java:62)
at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter$1.invoke(CargoContainerAdapter.java:92)
at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter$1.invoke(CargoContainerAdapter.java:75)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:791)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:773)
at hudson.plugins.deploy.CargoContainerAdapter.redeploy(CargoContainerAdapter.java:75)
at hudson.plugins.deploy.DeployPublisher.perform(DeployPublisher.java:45)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$3.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:51)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:646)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:624)
at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$RunnerImpl.post2(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:811)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.post(AbstractBuild.java:566)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1414)
at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:414)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:81)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:137)
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #1020851 is a reply to message #1020314] Tue, 19 March 2013 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What version of jboss as are you deploying to (According to the stack trace it's version 5x)?

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails [message #1021248 is a reply to message #1020851] Tue, 19 March 2013 18:22 Go to previous message
John O is currently offline John OFriend
I am also wonderring the Jboss verion in the error log, the log was showing as it as, but it was from HUDSON log, not my JBoss log.

This is my environment:
- My deployment target server: "jboss-as-7.1.1.Final" in Linux
- HUDSON: version 3 running in Tomcat 6 at the same box as Jboss above.
Deploy Plugin: HUDSON 3 installed the plugin in version 1.8 with following libs:
cargo-core-api-container-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-api-generic-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-api-module-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-api-util-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-container-glassfish-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-container-jboss-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-container-tomcat-1.1.2.jar
cargo-core-container-weblogic-1.1.2.jar

With version 1.8, it gave my first error in my previous message, after I downloaded version 1.9, it gave me the second error. Then I also tried updated cargo related libs to version 1.3.3 manually, it doesn't help any.

Thanks
Edwin

Previous Topic:Error when using Git
Next Topic:Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:33:25 GMT 2024