Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI?
Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #985933] Fri, 16 November 2012 17:56 Go to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
I have a main-application and a plugin.
Main-application sets the ContributorURI for a Part at some point.
Here is the class, which the ContributorURI points to:

public class TestPart {
    @Inject
    private MApplication application;

@PostConstruct
    public void createControls(Composite parent) {
        application.getContext().set(Composite.class, parent);
    }
}

After setting the ContributorURI I trigger the plugin, which should do something with Composite.class in context.

This is the only way I found to switch from E4 MPart.. to the SWT Composite API and to pass it to the plugin.

Problem:
The problem is, that after setting the ContributorURI the above class is not immediately triggered, so that the plugin wont find the Composite it depends on.

Question:
How can I force the Platform to trigger createControls immediately, after setting ContributorURI?
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #985962 is a reply to message #985933] Fri, 16 November 2012 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
ContextInjectionFactory.make(TestPart.class, context); will instantiate, run the injections and call the postconstruct.
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986006 is a reply to message #985962] Sat, 17 November 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
And do not put Composite.class into the root context, this can lead to
strange effects.

Tom

Am 16.11.12 22:09, schrieb Sopot Cela:
> ContextInjectionFactory.make(TestPart.class, context); will instantiate,
> run the injections and call the postconstruct.
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986150 is a reply to message #986006] Mon, 19 November 2012 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Problem is, that I need the Part-implementation, which should be linked to it's Part.
The only way I know to link a partimplemntation with its Part - is by doing Part.setContributionURI().

Offcourse the part implementation should be allready initialized, when I am using it,
but if I initialize it manually (by creating an instance by ContextInjectionFactory.make(TestPart.class, context)) - I can not connect the implementation with its Part, because it only works with the URI.
If I just set the URI to connect the part with the implementation - then the part is connected with it's implementation, but it is not immediately initialized.

Question:
So, how can I connect a part with it's implementation, if I instantiated the implementation by ContextInjectionFactory.make(TestPart.class, context))

OR

how can I retrieve the instance of part-implementation, if the Part implementation was set by URI (Part.setContributionURI())

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 11:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986201 is a reply to message #986150] Mon, 19 November 2012 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahm I'm just reading that your call setContributorURI which is wrong and
should be *setContributionURI*!!

Tom

Am 19.11.12 09:31, schrieb Alex Kipling:
> My Problem is, that I need the Part-implementation, which should be
> linked to it's Part.
> The only way I know to link a partimplemntation with its Part - is by
> doing Part.setContributorURI().
>
> Offcourse the Partimplementation should be allready initialized, when I
> am using it,
> but if I initialize it manually (by craeating an instance by
> ContextInjectionFactory.make(TestPart.class, context)) - I can not
> connect the implementation with its Part, because it only works with the
> URI.
> If I just set the URI to connect the Part with the implementation - then
> the Part is connected with it's implementation, but it is not
> immediately initialized.
>
> How can I connect the Part with it's implementation AND initialize it
> immediately?
>
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986205 is a reply to message #986201] Mon, 19 November 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnx Tom, allready got that. But Whats about the instantiation?
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986209 is a reply to message #986205] Mon, 19 November 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm not sure I understand your post but I think what you need to do

Mpart#setObject(IContributionFactory#create(String uriString, IEclipseContext context));

to link the part with the contribution object.

You can have those interfaces by injection.
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986212 is a reply to message #986209] Mon, 19 November 2012 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx - thats it!
Re: Force to access contributor immediately, after setting the ContributorURI? [message #986249 is a reply to message #986212] Mon, 19 November 2012 15:56 Go to previous message
This is done normally by the renderer so I'm not sure what you are doing
with the MPart.

Tom

Am 19.11.12 14:43, schrieb Alex Kipling:
> Thanx - thats it!
Previous Topic:Theme for Eclipse Juno - Images
Next Topic:Where to register central event redistributor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:57:47 GMT 2024