Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Suddenly: Blank merge list, receive errors
Suddenly: Blank merge list, receive errors [message #985701] Thu, 15 November 2012 17:44 Go to next message
Louisa Nicholson is currently offline Louisa NicholsonFriend
I received a new laptop at work and my supervisor and I recreated my environment again. Mainly, I use one trunk project and one branch project. Every 2 weeks I merge changed trunk files, that are committed, into the branch using the team->merge command and then select by revision what to merge. I think commit that into one build revision.

All of a sudden this week, out of nowhere, when I run the team-merge command, everything goes through the motions fine but the revision list is blank. Out of curiosity, I tried doing merge from the branch instead with the same results. I then ran every kind of cleanup I knew to do in each project: team cleanup, update to head, replace with repository, inserting a -cleanup command when opening eclipse and then removing it, etc. I receive no errors and everything seems to be working fine except when using the team-merge command, still a blank list. Any commits I make show up in the history and within the repository fine.

In the error log, two errors show up consistently every time I try to merge. I have noted them at the end of the post. I have searched the internet (I even got desperate and tried searching Bing)to no avail. I am a new user to Eclipse and not sure what to do. My supervisor is an experienced user and has no other suggestions except to rebuild everything again but with many deadlines and the holidays approaching, I do not have that option currently. Related to the errors, we checked our connections and everything is fine, the only issue seems to be with merge. There are 3 others who use Eclipse in different versions, everything runs fine with them. The only idea we have of what changed the week this started happening was that they changed the anti-virus software on my computer to Kaspersky, and perhaps it is disrupting the connection? But I cannot test as the person who can turn it off to test is on vacation right now.

Is there any way to solve these issues without having to redo everything?? Thank you in advance for your help and please excuse any ignorance on my part. If the suggestion is to recreate the workspace, what is the easiest/quickest way to go about it?

Installed stuff
CollabNet Merge Client 1.10.0
Eclipse Platform 3.5.0
Java EE IDE Feature 1.2.0
JD-Eclipse Plug-in 0.1.3
JNA Library 3.0.9
net.sf.eclipsetidy.feature 1.2.2 (Don't need if it may be an issue)
Subclipse 1.6.5
Subclipse Integration for Mylyn 3.x 3.0.0
Subversion Client Adapter 1.6.4.1
Subversion JavaHL Native Library Adapter 1.6.5
Subversion Revision Graph 1.0.7
SVNKit Client Adapter 1.6.4
SVNKit Library 1.3.0
Word Wrap Feature 0.0.5

Error that appears first when merging
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
svn: REPORT of '/addressofbranch': Could not read chunk size: connection was closed by server (http: //name)

exception stack trace
org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
svn: REPORT of '/addressofbranch': Could not read chunk size: connection was closed by server (http: //name)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNException.wrapException(SVNException.java:75)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage$GetEligibleRevisionsCommand.run(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:659)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage.getEligibleLogEntries(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:460)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage$9.run(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:408)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.SVNClientException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.getLogMessages(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:2245)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.getLogMessages(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:2283)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.AbstractClientAdapter.getLogMessages(AbstractClientAdapter.java:200)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.getMergeinfoLog(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:2630)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.getMergeinfoLog(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:2601)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage$GetEligibleRevisionsCommand.run(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:650)
... 3 more
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.logMessages(Native Method)
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.logMessages(SVNClient.java:313)
at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.getLogMessages(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:2235)
... 8 more

Error that appears second when merging
BLANK

exception stack trace
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:421)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:944)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage.getLogEntries(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:446)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage.refresh(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:383)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage.setVisible(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:343)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1171)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$2(WizardDialog.java:1149)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$5.run(WizardDialog.java:1138)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1136)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:830)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:369)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.actions.MergeAction.execute(MergeAction.java:37)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.actions.ConfigurableMergeAction.execute(ConfigurableMergeAction.java:27)
at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.actions.SVNAction.run(SVNAction.java:56)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ActionDelegate.runWithEvent(ActionDelegate.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:241)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3884)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3799)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3770)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:463)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.checkWidget(Widget.java:355)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.setText(Text.java:1950)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.TitleAreaDialog.updateMessage(TitleAreaDialog.java:547)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.TitleAreaDialog.setErrorMessage(TitleAreaDialog.java:389)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateMessage(WizardDialog.java:1303)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardPage.setErrorMessage(WizardPage.java:257)
at com.collabnet.subversion.merge.wizards.MergeWizardRevisionsPage$9.run(MergeWizardRevisionsPage.java:437)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Re: Suddenly: Blank merge list, receive errors [message #986247 is a reply to message #985701] Mon, 19 November 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Louisa Nicholson is currently offline Louisa NicholsonFriend
*bump* I desperately need to get this fixed for work - I hope someone can please find a solution or point me in the right direction!! Sad
Re: Suddenly: Blank merge list, receive errors [message #1392821 is a reply to message #986247] Wed, 02 July 2014 22:27 Go to previous message
Jorge Moreno is currently offline Jorge MorenoFriend
How could you fix it?
Previous Topic:OSS Research
Next Topic:Ecplise Build Errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:11:20 GMT 2024