Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo tooling : Bundle dependencies broken once changed MANIFEST.MF of a installed bundle (Virgo tooling : Bundle dependencies broken once changed MANIFEST.MF of a installed bundle )
Virgo tooling : Bundle dependencies broken once changed MANIFEST.MF of a installed bundle [message #985508] Thu, 15 November 2012 13:02 Go to next message
Jay Huang is currently offline Jay HuangFriend
Hi all, I am using VTS 3.6.M2 and snapshot eclipse tooling on Elcipse 3.7 Indigo + Java 7, EVERYTIME I change the bundle dependency in MANIFEST.MF (add/remove/modify a import bundle/package) of an installed bundle in a running virgo server through the tooling, some of the dependencies(not fixed ones, everytime is different) in the MANIFEST.MF become unresolved, then I have to stop the server, make some change to MANIFEST.MF -> change it back -> save, then the dependencies become normal again. Sometimes it breaks other unrelated bundles as well. A similar problem also occurs when attaching a source jar to a .class file from a running bundle. It seems to me that in a running virgo, everything that makes the tooling touches the Virgo's repository index will break. Sometime the bundle dependencies are broken in a newly started eclipse, trigger a MANIFEST.MF save will fix it.

The previous versions of VTS and tooling also had the same problem.

Has anyone else had the same problem? As I have been experiencing this for a long time but I haven't seen it raised. Is this a known issue? is there a workaround?
Cheers.
Re: Virgo tooling : Bundle dependencies broken once changed MANIFEST.MF of a installed bundle [message #985709 is a reply to message #985508] Thu, 15 November 2012 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Sounds like it could be a configuration issue specific to your setup, given that AFAIK this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. It's not clear how your project is setup, what builders you are using, etc..but perhaps w/ more details we can try to track down why this is happening. My guess is that there is something going on with the Bundlor mechanism, since the Virgo tooling integration installs and updates bundles into Virgo in a pretty straightforward way.

cheers,

Miles
Re: Virgo tooling : Bundle dependencies broken once changed MANIFEST.MF of a installed bundle [message #985710 is a reply to message #985508] Thu, 15 November 2012 18:23 Go to previous message
Leo Dos Santos is currently offline Leo Dos SantosFriend
Hi Jay. Sounds like you're running into bug 375818. Unfortunately we were never able to reproduce it when we were preparing the tooling 1.0. Could you post more details about your project & settings to the bug report? Do you have incremental manifest generation turned on? Are you on Windows, or Linux, or Mac? If you could share a project that reliably reproduces the error that would be great, though I realize that's not always possible.

375818: bundle dependencies suddenly not found after editing MANIFEST.MF while server is up
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=375818
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Using the embedded Tomcat for JNDI and DataSources
Next Topic:Virgo + Hibernate problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:23:03 GMT 2024