Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » Cannot see JSF palette or JSF project template in RAD 8.5
Cannot see JSF palette or JSF project template in RAD 8.5 [message #985454] Thu, 15 November 2012 12:06 Go to next message
Haim Schneider is currently offline Haim SchneiderFriend
I installed RAD 8.5 and I'm trying to create a JSF application, but things are not working as documented. When I create a new Web Project, I do not see "Java Server Faces" template in the list of project templates. The only templates I see are "Dojo Toolkit", "Rest services" and "Simple". Instead, I created a Dynamic web project, and selected "Java Server Faces v2.0 project" from the list of configuration. The project was indeed created with JSF settings in web.xml and faces-config.xml, but when I create a JSP page, I cannot see the JSF editing tools. There is no JSF palette in the palettes pane. I verified that the Java Server Faces facet is selected in the Project Facets. Anything else I need to do to get the JSF project template and the JSF palette?
Re: Cannot see JSF palette or JSF project template in RAD 8.5 [message #985703 is a reply to message #985454] Thu, 15 November 2012 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
There is no JSF project template; simply create a Dynamic Web Project and add the JSF facet, as you seem to have done.

The JSF Tools project provides the "Web Page Editor", but it may not be bundled in the RAD tooling. Can you right-click a JSP and open with "Web Page Editor"? If not then it's not bundled, and you'd need to ask for RAD-specific help in a RAD forum.

- Ian
Re: Cannot see JSF palette or JSF project template in RAD 8.5 [message #985779 is a reply to message #985703] Fri, 16 November 2012 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian, thanks for your prompt response. Right click on a JSP I can open with Page Designer which includes palettes for JSP tags and HTML tags, but no JSF palettes. I guess that this is the same as the Web Page Editor in Eclipse, but probably the names are different in RAD. Also, according to the RAD documentation, it should show a JavaServer Faces project template, so I guess that the packaging is different in RAD. I'll try posting in a RAD forum.
Re: Cannot see JSF palette or JSF project template in RAD 8.5 [message #986067 is a reply to message #985454] Sun, 18 November 2012 07:52 Go to previous message
I found that JSF tools are not installed by default in RAD 8.5. I modified the installation (using Modify from IBM Installation Manager) and added the JSF tools feature, and now the JSF editing tools are available.
Previous Topic:Context menu of JSF component in VPD
Next Topic:JSF auto complete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:22:29 GMT 2024