Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Tracepoint Support in Juno available?
Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #984266] Wed, 14 November 2012 14:53 Go to next message
Axel B is currently offline Axel BFriend
Hello,

i try to enable the tracepoint functionality described in http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/designs/Tracepoints.

But after enabling it in the View, i cannot choose between Break-and Tracepoints. There are still unavailable inside of the GUI.

Is this a Bug? What could i make wrong?

Regards

Axel
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #984271 is a reply to message #984266] Wed, 14 November 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Try the How to here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_can_I_trace_my_application_using_C.2FC.2B.2B_Tracepoints.3F
The one you looked at may be out of date.

Marc
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #984295 is a reply to message #984271] Wed, 14 November 2012 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Marc,

that doesnt help. When i select the Tracepoints in customizing Debug view, click Ok -> close this Dialog, the Tracepoint checkbox is still unchecked when i open this Dialog again.

Confused....

Axel
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #984320 is a reply to message #984295] Wed, 14 November 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "C/C++ Tracepoints" check box in "Configure perspective -> Command Groups Availability" is not staying selected?
It works for me using 4.2.1 and CDT 8.1. You may want to check <workspace>/.metadata/.log for errors...

Marc
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #985440 is a reply to message #984320] Thu, 15 November 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After the restart today i can see that the option is now staying selected. The .log is only filled with

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2012-11-15 09:01:44.956
!MESSAGE /IMG_ETOOL_DELETE
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /IMG_ETOOL_DELETE

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2012-11-15 09:01:44.953
!MESSAGE /IMG_TOOL_COPY
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /IMG_TOOL_COPY

And with Tracepoints enabled i can't select them from Run->Breakpoint Types->None Available. Could it be that the Framework does a check if the GDB Version ist > V7.x ? I use an cross-gdb and gdbserver V6.7

Axel
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #985600 is a reply to message #985440] Thu, 15 November 2012 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although GDB had the concept of Tracepoint for a long time, there has been some major improvements in GDB 7.2, and those are the ones CDT makes use of. So, you really must use GDB >= 7.2

That being said, "Run->Breakpoint Types" should show you the available breakpoint types. For some reason I only see the Tracepoint type when in the Debug perspective. That seems like a bug, but you may want to set that perspective first.

Marc
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #985653 is a reply to message #985600] Thu, 15 November 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But this was displayed in the Debug Perspective! When i debug the types are not available and also when i only switch to the Debug View.
And also i can't find any Option in the Run Menu where i can start a Trace.

I think this is a Bug!
Re: Tracepoint Support in Juno available? [message #985669 is a reply to message #985653] Thu, 15 November 2012 16:14 Go to previous message
> But this was displayed in the Debug Perspective! When i debug the types are not available and also when i only switch to the Debug View.

You have to have the editor selected to see the breakpoint types.
Alternatively, right-click on the editor margin and you should see the list.

> And also i can't find any Option in the Run Menu where i can start a Trace.

We didn't put it there. You can find it either in the Trace Control view
or in the context-menu of the Debug view.

Marc
Previous Topic:Code Graph Call Stack
Next Topic:Including source files from a separate C++ project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:17:05 GMT 2024