Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Cannot Map into category
Cannot Map into category [message #984007] Wed, 14 November 2012 10:25 Go to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hello,
Could you please check whether I am doing smth wrong or there is a bug in Jubula:
1. Start OM editor
2. Create New category 'New'.
3. Start Object Mapping mode
4. Right-click on created category and select 'Map components into this category' from context menu.
Expected: Status bar displays - Mapping in category: New
Observed: Status bar displays - Mapping in category: Unassigned

So when I collect and map components they appear in Unassigned category instead of 'New' category

Note: In a Tree view I was able to switch mapping in categories only between default 'Unassigned component names' and 'Unassigned technical names' and fail to map into default category 'Assigned names'

Jubula Version: 1.3.0
Re: Cannot Map into category [message #985309 is a reply to message #984007] Thu, 15 November 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I tried this out and it seems to work. Bear in mind that you can only map new components into the "Unassigned technical names" category, and therefore only into subcategories of that. Was your category "New" in the "unassigned technical names" area / category?

I suppose the confusion may have come from the fact that the menu entry is enabled for categories that can't be mapped into...

HTH,
Alex
Re: Cannot Map into category [message #985682 is a reply to message #985309] Thu, 15 November 2012 16:46 Go to previous message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi,

My Category 'New' was in assigned categoris. The confusion came from the help Smile
"Working with the object Mapping Editor/Working with categories" topic:
You can create categories and subcategories in the Object Mapping Editor (tree view) by:
1. Selecting the category you want your new category to appear in (e.g. in "assigned names").
2. Selecting "create category" from the context-sensitive menu.
3. Entering a name for the category
Mapping into categories in the Object Mapping Editor
Once you have created categories in the Object Mapping Editor , you can choose to map technical names collected from the AUT directly into a category

---
Quote:
Bear in mind that you can only map new components into the "Unassigned technical names" category

I tried this way and it works. Thank you.
But here seems to be uncomfortable limitation: OM does not allow to drag and drop categoris in other categories.
E.g: If I have in Assigned categories structure:
1 Main Window
1.1 Configuration Tab
1.1.1 component 1

After that I want to map objects of 'component 2' located under Configuration Tab.
If I create category 'component 2' and map objects in it than I cannot insert this 'category 2' in my structure above.
Workaround is to create the same structure in 'Assigned categories' and 'Unassigned categories'

Thanks,
Alex
Previous Topic:Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser
Next Topic:RCP AUT Start Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:33:19 GMT 2024