Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » How to compare model attribute that contains an enum with an enum constant?
How to compare model attribute that contains an enum with an enum constant? [message #983886] Wed, 14 November 2012 08:15 Go to next message
Andreas Brieg is currently offline Andreas BriegFriend
I want to create a transformation on the MoDisco Java model, but I have problems when it comes to comparing an attribute value to a enum constant. The relevant part of the transformation at the moment looks like this:

-- @atlcompiler atl2010
-- @nsURI Java=http://www.eclipse.org/MoDisco/Java/0.2.incubation/java

module RefactorBeanValidationForParameterChecking;
create outputJava: Java refining javaInput: Java;

helper context Java!InfixExpression def: isEqualsComparison(): Boolean =
	self.operator.toString() = '==';

According to the ATL user guide I should be able to use
self.operator = #EQUALS
instead of the toString() workaround. However this isn't working. Am I missing something?
Re: How to compare model attribute that contains an enum with an enum constant? [message #984015 is a reply to message #983886] Wed, 14 November 2012 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

EQUALS is the value of the "name" attribute of the EEnumLiteral you are handling.
The value of its "literal" attribute is "==" (cf. the MoDisco Java metamodel registered in the EMF registry, you can open it with the MoDisco Model Browser for instance).
So, is the following line working?
self.operator = #"=="
The "" are to escape the = symbol which is part of the ATL language.

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: How to compare model attribute that contains an enum with an enum constant? [message #984045 is a reply to message #984015] Wed, 14 November 2012 11:01 Go to previous message
Andreas Brieg is currently offline Andreas BriegFriend
Thanks very much, that works.

Maybe it would be good to mention the escaping in the user guide and also that the value after # refers to the literal value of the enum and not to the name.
Previous Topic:Why does a statement that was removed from it's block still appear in the serialized model?
Next Topic:Is there a way to handle 'The object is not contained in a resource.' nicely from within ATL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:53:12 GMT 2024