Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » ATL VM question about exclusive pattern matching execution(exclusive pattern matching execution)
ATL VM question about exclusive pattern matching execution [message #982703] Tue, 13 November 2012 10:52 Go to next message
Greg L is currently offline Greg LFriend
I am facing problem of executing the ATL transformations in the way that I would like to execute them step by step, i.e. first to execute only pattern matching to see which rule is matched for which model element, and then to execute the rule I would like to be executed.

Could anyone here tell me if there is a way to control the execution of ATL VM?
Java api?

I will appreciate any help or comment.
Regards,
Re: ATL VM question about exclusive pattern matching execution [message #983191 is a reply to message #982703] Tue, 13 November 2012 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salvador Martínez is currently offline Salvador MartínezFriend
Hello,

Unfortunatelly, executing just the matching phase of ATL is not possible. Matching and rule execution phases are not separated in the internal implementation of ATL (just the initialization (binding) phase is separated). Besides, there are no facilities in the VM for executing individual rules on given elements.

Best regards,

Salva
Re: ATL VM question about exclusive pattern matching execution [message #985634 is a reply to message #983191] Thu, 15 November 2012 14:56 Go to previous message
Greg L is currently offline Greg LFriend
Thank you very much for your reply Salva, however, I hoped to receive more positive answer Smile

Best regards,
Greg
Previous Topic:Is there a way to handle 'The object is not contained in a resource.' nicely from within ATL?
Next Topic:Problem in loading meta Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:23:08 GMT 2024