Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin
Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #981884] Mon, 12 November 2012 19:33 Go to next message
Andrea Richiardi is currently offline Andrea RichiardiFriend
Hello dear Bucky friends!

Ok, now I have a working materialization of my plugin, that takes its dependency from a target platform, materialized somewhere else.

The new plugin correctly have the last SVN revision instead of the .qualifier string and carries a MANIFEST.MF.

The problem is that the org.eclipse.core.runtime specified in the Require-Bundle section, in this newly built jar, doesn't match the version I have in my target platform.

I thought Bucky was actually matching the required version (reading it in the MANIFEST.MF contained in the SVN repository) and then reporting the same version in the new materialized plugin package.

But I have this in the log:
org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle: Found match 3.5.0.v20090525

And this in the new MANIFEST.MF:
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="[3.8.0,4.0.0)"

When I try to import the plugin, it doesn't work (of course) because the version cannot be found the 3.8 version...

What am I doing wrong? Very Happy

Thank you guys!

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2012 19:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #982784 is a reply to message #981884] Tue, 13 November 2012 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Hi Andrea,
I would say either you have a wrong target platform or you plugin's MANIFEST.MF has a wrong dependency.
Could you please post your TP definition?
Quote:
I thought Bucky was actually matching the required version (reading it in the MANIFEST.MF contained in the SVN repository)

How does it looks like? Could you post the original MANIFEST.MF from the SVN?

Best regards,
Dennis.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #982970 is a reply to message #982784] Tue, 13 November 2012 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner wrote on Tue, 13 November 2012 07:14
Hi Andrea,
I would say either you have a wrong target platform or you plugin's MANIFEST.MF has a wrong dependency.
Could you please post your TP definition?

My cquery contains:
<cq:advisorNode namePattern=".*" useTargetPlatform="false"/>

Does my TP contain what is materialized by Bucky? I am trying withing the Eclipse IDE (Juno) for now, I haven't tried with the headless build yet.

Quote:
How does it looks like? Could you post the original MANIFEST.MF from the SVN?

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: com.myplugin.ui
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.myplugin.ui;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 3.3.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: com.myplugin.ui.Activator
Bundle-ClassPath: .,
 lib/fop.jar,
 lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar,
 lib/batik-all-1.7.jar,
 lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar,
 lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar,
 lib/serializer-2.7.0.jar,
 lib/xalan-2.7.0.jar,
 lib/xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar,
 lib/xml-apis-1.3.04.jar,
 lib/xml-apis-ext-1.3.04.jar,
 lib/xmlgraphics-commons-1.4.jar
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 org.eclipse.ui,
 org.eclipse.ui.views,
 org.eclipse.core.expressions
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Bundle-Vendor: XXX
Import-Package: org.eclipse.swt.widgets

I know that the version is not specified here, but it is on purpose. What happens then after the resolution phase (that gets the correct version as you can see in my previous post) if there is no version specified in this Manifest?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2012 16:21]

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983091 is a reply to message #982970] Tue, 13 November 2012 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh I also have this in the site dir (the site I am calling the site.p2 action from):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mspec:mspec xmlns:mspec="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MetaData-1.0" installLocation="${workspace.root}/TP" materializer="p2" name="mspec" url="developer.cquery">
  <mspec:mspecNode 
  	materializer="workspace"
  	workspaceLocation=""
  	resourcePath=""
  	filter="(buckminster.source=true)"/>
</mspec:mspec>

I haven't actually noticed this before (I have take an example and changed it). But it should just matter during the materialize phase right?
Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983114 is a reply to message #983091] Tue, 13 November 2012 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How does you rmap for the TP looks like?

+Dennis Huebner

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983236 is a reply to message #983114] Tue, 13 November 2012 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Buckminster Default TP once I press "Resolve and materialize" contains (among many):

org.eclipse.core.runtime 3.5.0.v20090525.

AND (unfortunately)

org.eclipse.core.runtime 3.8.0.v20120521-2346

Both selected and {eclipse.home} is actually included in the TP along with the .buckminster/tp folder....

I think we found a problem here? Why are the two merged?
Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983251 is a reply to message #983236] Tue, 13 November 2012 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm not quit sure whats went wrong.
The IDE integration is a bit tricky at this point. And I never use it for TP materialization. Sad
Is your project somewhere at github, so one can clone it?

Maybe Thomas can help.

+Dennis Huebner

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983325 is a reply to message #983251] Tue, 13 November 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That means that using Buckminster headless it should work right?

If you guys needs a clone for debugging I can create one.
Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983354 is a reply to message #983325] Tue, 13 November 2012 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes please, create a clone.

+Dennis Huebner

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #983361 is a reply to message #983354] Tue, 13 November 2012 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, it will take a bit, I can't just copy this one. I will build it as fast as I can.
Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #984417 is a reply to message #983361] Wed, 14 November 2012 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I created the project, I wasn't able to directly materialize it using a cquery, but if you create a p2.site, the plugin's MANIFEST.MF still has a newer version of the org.eclipse.core plugin in it (even if the pointed TP contains the old one).

Can you send me a PM with your GitHub user name (or an email if you can see it here) ?

I am probably doing something wrong, anyway, I hope it can help.

Here is the read-only link:
git://github.com/arichiardi/buckytest.git

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 18:23]

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #985333 is a reply to message #984417] Thu, 15 November 2012 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cool, I will take a look in today evening. What eclipse+buckminster version are you using?

+Dennis Huebner

Re: Dependency version mismatch when materializing a plugin [message #986219 is a reply to message #985333] Mon, 19 November 2012 13:54 Go to previous message
4.2 (Juno) repository.

Still having the issue unfortunately...I cannot understand why I have got 3.8 as dependency instead of 3.5...oh...I am materializing materialize.cquery.

Thank you!

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 13:58]

Previous Topic:Make MWE archive available as P2 (Please).
Next Topic:create a site.p2 from the target platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:45:00 GMT 2024