Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Point to click is outside of component(action error from ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec)
Point to click is outside of component [message #981642] Mon, 12 November 2012 15:26 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
Trying to replace the text in a table cell with ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec
and get the following Action Error:

Point to click is outside of component

Table seems to be mapped correctly. Not sure why this error is coming up. How can the click be outside the component? Any ideas?
Re: Point to click is outside of component [message #981692 is a reply to message #981642] Mon, 12 November 2012 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I have a feeling that this could be due to the same behaviour described in this thread. If something is going wrong during the editing process, that could explain the error. Does it work if you use your own replace text module?

HTH,
Alex
Re: Point to click is outside of component [message #982878 is a reply to message #981692] Tue, 13 November 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply! Same result even using my own replace text module. I have five of these tables on a panel and I get this error always for 2 of the 5 tables, but not for other 3. It seems there might be something different about these 2 tables.
Re: Point to click is outside of component [message #985234 is a reply to message #982878] Thu, 15 November 2012 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, that does sound like there is a difference in the tables. Are they totally / partially off screen so that you have to scroll to them? Are the cells partially visible, so that the table has to scroll? Can you do simple clicks into the cells you want to replace text on?
Re: Point to click is outside of component [message #986931 is a reply to message #985234] Thu, 22 November 2012 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Thu, 15 November 2012 03:58
Hm, that does sound like there is a difference in the tables. Are they totally / partially off screen so that you have to scroll to them?

No, they appear in same place as the other dialogs/tables

Are the cells partially visible, so that the table has to scroll?

No, all the cells are visible as far as I can tell. No scrolling is necessary.

Can you do simple clicks into the cells you want to replace text on?

Yes, simple clicking works on all the tables.

I will probably try to take a look at the actual code to see if I can find any differences at that level. But I haven't been able to figure this out yet.
Re: Point to click is outside of component [message #987562 is a reply to message #986931] Tue, 27 November 2012 07:42 Go to previous message
Ok, keep us updated Smile
Previous Topic:select multiple rows in table?
Next Topic:workflows for multiple users?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:14:33 GMT 2024