Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » SVN checkout(How to Share project in SVN)
SVN checkout [message #981451] Mon, 12 November 2012 12:27 Go to next message
Sebastian Boccardi is currently offline Sebastian BoccardiFriend
Hi,

I made a Scout project, shared to a svn server. Then i deleted everything and tried to do a checkout, but the project has errors and the rap bundle is not where it should be, am attaching a printscreen.

How should I share a project?

Sebastian

index.php/fa/12309/0/
Re: SVN checkout [message #981852 is a reply to message #981451] Mon, 12 November 2012 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Sebastian,

You can share your scout plugins with a team provider (e.g. SVN) like any other plugin. There is nothing special that must be done.

The problem in your workspace could be that the previously set target platform is no longer found, because you have deleted that file (that may also be the reason why you have compile errors).

Please try the following to set the target platform again:
1. press ctrl+shift+r and enter "scoutrap.target". You should find one file. Open it.
2. on the top-right corner of the target definition editor press the link "Set as Target Platform". This will trigger a recompilation of your workspace afterwards.
3. When everything has finished, check your scout explorer again. If the RAP ui bundle is still not recognized correctly, restart your eclipse.

does this solve your problem?

kind regards
matthias
Re: SVN checkout [message #981941 is a reply to message #981852] Mon, 12 November 2012 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

I had the same problem with my projects using Git.

Install Eclipse and create a project on Computer 1. Then share the project using Git. Then on another Computer install Eclipse and checkout the project.

The workaround I used was to manually copy the neccessary plug-ins from my Eclipse environment on Computer 1 to the Eclipse environment on Computer 2. Restarted and it worked.

Regards Bertin

Re: SVN checkout [message #982888 is a reply to message #981852] Tue, 13 November 2012 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this doesn´t solve the problem in the target definition there is no plugins available, i think because when the rap target was created in the original workstation, the directory was outside the worskpace (default dir in eclipse install dir).

Sebastian
Re: SVN checkout [message #982893 is a reply to message #982888] Tue, 13 November 2012 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin, that may work (i think), i will try it next..... let you know what happens

OK it worked, either i upload the target to the svn or distribute it some way.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SVN checkout [message #986643 is a reply to message #982893] Wed, 21 November 2012 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Sebastian, Bertin,

Ah ok, sorry, my mistake. By reading your sentence "Then I deleted everything.." I just thought at the workspace but did somehow not get that you also deleted eclipse itself Smile

As this is a very common problem I filed bug 394751. Maybe we find a solution so that the rap target plugins can be shared more easily in the future.

regards and thank you all,
m
Re: SVN checkout [message #986702 is a reply to message #986643] Wed, 21 November 2012 11:36 Go to previous message
or maybe some way to recreate the rap target if this is possible with the information from the bundles.... (in the import of the scout project itself... another maybe)
Previous Topic:Testing a scout application
Next Topic:Mapping the JDBC data type NUMERIC to a Java data type in Scout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:01:35 GMT 2024