Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Repository empty while calling UpdateSitePublisher
Repository empty while calling UpdateSitePublisher [message #976527] Thu, 08 November 2012 16:50 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
This is my call:

java -jar /home/eclipse-4.2/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher -metadataRepository file:$WORKSPACE/build/buildRepo -artifactRepository file:$WORKSPACE/build/buildRepo -source $WORKSPACE/my_feature -features $WORKSPACE -bundles $WORKSPACE -publishArtifacts

This is the output:
(...)
Generating metadata for ..
Generation completed with success [0 seconds].
Finished: SUCCESS

In $WORKSPACE there are all features and plugins, that were created using eclipse (actually this is my workspace, but for the build I remove the .metadata folder). This folder has no "features" / "plugins" folders, as an eclipse workspace also has no such folders. "my_feature" contains the site.xml-file and is also the main feature referenced in the site.xml.

This is, what the call creates:
articats.xml
content.xml

Both contain some default headers and metadata, but no artifacts (count = 0). And there are no "features" and "plugins" folders created.

Does anyone know, why?
Re: Repository empty while calling UpdateSitePublisher [message #986326 is a reply to message #976527] Tue, 20 November 2012 01:58 Go to previous message
ding yi is currently offline ding yiFriend
Hi,i met the same problem.
Try this:Open your Eclipse IDE,make the $WORKSPACE path as a real eclipse workspace (import existing project)。Then exit Eclilpse IDE.And then check the path $WORKSPACE,you will find .metadata 。

Run your command again, it should be OK.
Previous Topic:OSx 10.7.4 +Eclipse
Next Topic:Cellbots android app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:52:24 GMT 2024