Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Create Web Service - Java naming conventions(What Java naming convention is required for a web service?)
Create Web Service - Java naming conventions [message #975714] Thu, 08 November 2012 03:13 Go to next message
Jay Wen is currently offline Jay WenFriend
I right click my class, select "Web Services"/"Create Web Service"

The dialog pops up. At the top there is a warning:
"The service implementation selected does not follow Java naming conventions."

As a novice, I don't know what naming convention I'm failing to follow. The message is not specific enough to help me identify the problem. My class is very simple, and eclipse is not showing any other errors or messages.

I researched the message and found this discussion:
issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-4806
I know it is jboss, but the message string is exactly the same. I am not working in the default package.

Can someone point me to documentation describing the proper Java naming convention?
Re: Create Web Service - Java naming conventions [message #976703 is a reply to message #975714] Thu, 08 November 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Chong is currently offline Keith ChongFriend
What is the text that you've specified?

The validation is done using JDT's org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaConventions.validateJavaTypeName

Here are examples of valid names, qualified or simple:

java.lang.Object or Object
Re: Create Web Service - Java naming conventions [message #986330 is a reply to message #976703] Tue, 20 November 2012 02:41 Go to previous message
Jay Wen is currently offline Jay WenFriend
I made a large number of changes and the warning message disappeared. I'm about 90% confident I know the source of the issue. Previously, I was using a very simple class to run an initial test. The class did not implement anything. After adding a interface and then changing my class to implement the interface, the warning disappeared.
Perhaps the Eclipse error message should read: "service implementation selected does not implement an interface." "does not follow Java naming conventions" is non-specific.

Cheers. J.
Previous Topic:How to provide security in remote Rhino debugger?
Next Topic:how to fix failed to load the jni
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:42:47 GMT 2024