Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Dragging between two diagrams
Dragging between two diagrams [message #975162] Wed, 07 November 2012 16:52 Go to next message
Jonathan Jekeli is currently offline Jonathan JekeliFriend
I have implemented graphiti in an RCP application, creating a composite to house a diagram. However, there are two different diagrams that I have in the same view, and I would like to drag and drop between them. However, when you drag an object out past the edge of the view containing the graphiti graphical viewer, it just interprets that as trying to drag the shape to somewhere off the screen in that direction, rather than dragging it to another view. The solution seemed to be created a drag source listener on the graphical viewer, but that disables the normal drag operations of dragging around the graph. Is there any way to extend the current drag listener so that when dragging off the bounds of the graph, it interprets it as dragging to another view? In other words, where is the drag listener added to the graphical viewer, and how can I get to it and extend it?

Thanks!
Re: Dragging between two diagrams [message #981586 is a reply to message #975162] Mon, 12 November 2012 14:36 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Jonathan,

this is handled by GEF on the level of the AbstractEditPartViewer. There,
the drag&drop support to move shapes is initialized. Graphiti currently
offers no option to override that behavior, but still it might be possible
on GEF level.

Michael
Previous Topic:Getting exceptions on upgrading Graphiti from 0.8.2 version to Graphiti 0.9.1
Next Topic:Graphiti and Dependency Injection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:45:14 GMT 2024