Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Amateras HTMLEditor Install Help
Amateras HTMLEditor Install Help [message #972376] Mon, 05 November 2012 15:28 Go to next message
Dennis Putnam is currently offline Dennis PutnamFriend
I've downloaded tk.eclipse.plugin.htmleditor_2.1.0.jar and put it into my Eclipse (Juno) plugins folder. After restarting Eclipse, Amateras does not show up anywhere (open with -> other, file -> new -> other, window -> preferences). How do I get Eclipse to recognize the plugin so I can use it? TIA.
Re: Amateras HTMLEditor Install Help [message #972473 is a reply to message #972376] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
In recent Eclipse releases, dropping things in the plugins folder doesn't usually work. You should check with the Amateras developers whether they have an update site that can be used to install the plugin. That is the prefered method.
Re: Amateras HTMLEditor Install Help [message #972503 is a reply to message #972473] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:24 Go to previous message
Dennis Putnam is currently offline Dennis PutnamFriend
Thanks for the reply. Everything I've found so far says to just drop it into the plugins folder. I'll keep looking for better install instructions.

Edit: It appears this problem was reported back in July. There has been no response of any kind from the development team. I have to conclude that this editor is no longer supported. Back to Dreamweaver I guess.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2012 17:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Backup/Restore
Next Topic:pls help how do a save a project so i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:22:23 GMT 2024