Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » imports 'out of the box'
imports 'out of the box' [message #972147] Mon, 05 November 2012 11:48 Go to next message
Martin Mising name is currently offline Martin Mising nameFriend
I am implementing a java-like language that starts with 'package' and 'imports' .It uses xbase and it works fairly well. However there are two issues:

1) Classes in the same package are not imported by default.
2) Importing native java classes or interfaces does not work properly (the classes are visible but I can't call methods on them).

I am trying to implement this 'out of the box', that is by using the magic 'importedNamespace' name in the grammar, like this:

File returns EuclidFile :
('package' importedNamespace=QualifiedName ';'?)?
(imports+=Import)*
(euclidTypes+=Type)*
;

Import returns EuclidImport :
'import' (
importedNamespace=QualifiedName
| importedNamespace=QualifiedNameWithWildCard) ';'?
;

Is this possible? That is can I fix the two issues above without adding custom fragments or guice imports (which I don't know how to do). I am not using @Inject extension IQualifiedNameProvider.

Notes:
Apart from the grammar file and the generator (myJvmModelInferrer) file everything else is left with the default file contents. (so I am using QualifiedNamesFragment).

I can get round issue 1 like this:

package myPackage
import myPackage.*

but I would like to avoid the need for the additional import.

I can use methods on the built-in java library such as 'String' but not java code that I have written myself (in the same eclipse project).

I would appreciate any information about this or pointers to further reading that I could do.
(I have already read this: blogs.itemis.de/stundzig/archives/773)

Thanks,

Martin
Re: imports 'out of the box' [message #973217 is a reply to message #972147] Tue, 06 November 2012 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
You can fix the first by changing the scope provider:
package yourdsl.scoping;

import java.util.List;

import org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject;
import org.eclipse.xtext.EcoreUtil2;
import org.eclipse.xtext.naming.QualifiedName;
import org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportNormalizer;
import org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider;

import ru.focusmedia.fire.idl.idl.Model;

import com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList;

public class YourDslImportedNamespaceScopeProvider extends
		ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider {
	// automatically import all types from the package we are in
	@Override
	protected List<ImportNormalizer> internalGetImportedNamespaceResolvers(
			EObject context, boolean ignoreCase) {
		List<ImportNormalizer> importedNamespaceResolvers = super
				.internalGetImportedNamespaceResolvers(context, ignoreCase);
		String ownNamespace = EcoreUtil2.getContainerOfType(context,
				Model.class).getName()
				+ ".*";
		importedNamespaceResolvers.add(createImportedNamespaceResolver(
				ownNamespace, ignoreCase));
		return importedNamespaceResolvers;
	}

// can also add implicit imports, etc.
}

and changing your module to use it:
/*
 * generated by Xtext
 */
package yourdsl;

import org.eclipse.xtext.generator.IGenerator;

import com.google.inject.Binder;
import com.google.inject.name.Names;

/**
 * Use this class to register components to be used at runtime / without the Equinox extension registry.
 */
public class YourDslRuntimeModule extends AbstractYourDslRuntimeModule {
	@Override
	public void configureIScopeProviderDelegate(Binder binder) {
		binder.bind(org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.IScopeProvider.class).annotatedWith(Names.named(org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractDeclarativeScopeProvider.NAMED_DELEGATE)).to(YourDslImportedNamespaceScopeProvider.class);
	}
}

Don't know about the second.
Re: imports 'out of the box' [message #973373 is a reply to message #973217] Tue, 06 November 2012 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexey,

Thanks very much for your reply, I think its almost there but its causing a problem at runtime. I did the following:

A) I created a scoping directory. For some reason when I run mwe2 on an xbase project it does not build a scoping directory even though it has the following line:
fragment = scoping.ImportNamespacesScopingFragment {}

B) In that directory I constructed a class called: EditorImportedNamespaceScopeProvider
I then copy and pasted your code and changed 'YourDsl' to the name of my project.
I changed: import ru.focusmedia.fire.idl.idl.Model; to the name of my model.
I changed Model.class).getName() to Model.class).getImportedNamespace()

C) I edited the already existing file: EditorRuntimeModule which contained an empty class. I copy/pasted your code into it and again changed the name to correspond with my project.

This code then compiled without errors, but when I start the runtime version of eclipse I get a continuous sequence of errors, I have put a sample below:

Thanks, Martin
190993 [main] ERROR org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource  - resolution of uriFragment 'xtextLink_::0.2.0.7.14.4.1.1::1::/0' failed.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.euclideanspace.euclid.scoping.EditorImportedNamespaceScopeProvider.internalGetImportedNamespaceResolvers(EditorImportedNamespaceScopeProvider.java:23)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider$1.get(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider$1.get(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.OnChangeEvictingCache.get(OnChangeEvictingCache.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getImportedNamespaceResolvers(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:121)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getLocalElementsScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.scoping.XtypeScopeProvider.getJvmTypeScope(XtypeScopeProvider.java:37)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.scoping.XtypeScopeProvider.getScope(XtypeScopeProvider.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.scoping.XbaseScopeProvider.createTypeScope(XbaseScopeProvider.java:199)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.scoping.XbaseScopeProvider.getScope(XbaseScopeProvider.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.linking.XbaseLinkingScopeProvider.getScope(XbaseLinkingScopeProvider.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.DefaultLinkingService.getScope(DefaultLinkingService.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.DefaultLinkingService.getLinkedObjects(DefaultLinkingService.java:119)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.resource.XbaseResource.access$0(XbaseResource.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.resource.XbaseResource$2.exec(XbaseResource.java:239)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.resource.XbaseResource$2.exec(XbaseResource.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.OnChangeEvictingCache.execWithoutCacheClear(OnChangeEvictingCache.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.resource.XbaseResource.getEObject(XbaseResource.java:237)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getEObject(ResourceSetImpl.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.resolve(EcoreUtil.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.resolve(EcoreUtil.java:257)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eResolveProxy(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1473)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.impl.JvmTypeReferenceImplCustom.eResolveProxy(JvmTypeReferenceImplCustom.java:37)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.impl.JvmParameterizedTypeReferenceImpl.getType(JvmParameterizedTypeReferenceImpl.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.Primitives$1.doVisitParameterizedTypeReference(Primitives.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.Primitives$1.doVisitParameterizedTypeReference(Primitives.java:1)
	at 

<snip> lots more like this </snip>

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

!ENTRY org.apache.log4j 4 0 2012-11-06 08:59:13.917
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource  - resolution of uriFragment 'xtextLink_::0.2.0.7.14.4.1.1::1::/0' failed.

!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.euclideanspace.euclid.scoping.EditorImportedNamespaceScopeProvider.internalGetImportedNamespaceResolvers(EditorImportedNamespaceScopeProvider.java:23)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider$1.get(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider$1.get(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.OnChangeEvictingCache.get(OnChangeEvictingCache.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getImportedNamespaceResolvers(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:121)
	at

<snip>
Re: imports 'out of the box' [message #973406 is a reply to message #973373] Tue, 06 November 2012 09:58 Go to previous message
Please ignore my last message, it was adding '.*. to imports rather than the package. I have now fixed that and it now recognises stuff in the same package! Thanks.

However it has caused another problem. It no longer recognises the built-in library classes such as 'String'

Martin
Previous Topic:How to speed up serialization
Next Topic:Weird errors in projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:20:03 GMT 2024