Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Good learning book/material for importing/compiling practices in eclipse(j2ee/jee)?
Good learning book/material for importing/compiling practices in eclipse(j2ee/jee)? [message #971648] Mon, 05 November 2012 02:39
Ray Ray is currently offline Ray RayFriend
I have been compiling java, c, c++ etc...for 20+ years now mostly through scripts (some build tools like make, ant etc...) but am really getting frustrated trying to get apps I am importing all the time to work in eclipse....

I am searching, trying (most of the time w no success) importing, moving folders...trying to get file system packages, jars, directories etc...to work for me...

for example one app I have been trying to compile for days now has a bunch of classes in package/dir structure on the hd...and adding in my project in the pretty much every folder, adding external classes..etc..adding it to build path in every way possible etc...still does not solve my class not resolved errors...etc..etc..things like this...

Is there a book, website, reference material anyone can recommend for me to go through?

Most of the material I find focuses on creating things, or with very simple limited examples...most of the apps I deal w are over 1GB and I did not write them or know much about them at all..I just get a dump of src (and bin if Im lucky)

Hoping there is book or something that can show me the way..and get on track....????

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2012 02:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Whats a trick to compile in eclipse when you have jars with just source files?
Next Topic:Problem generating Bottom Up CXF 2.x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:17:24 GMT 2024