Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Adding a launch configuration tab to a CDT launch
Adding a launch configuration tab to a CDT launch [message #971569] Mon, 05 November 2012 01:04 Go to next message
Marian Schedenig is currently offline Marian SchedenigFriend
I have a custom launch configuration tab which I've successfully added to standard Java launches. I'd like to do the same to CDT launches. In fact, I was certain that I had that working already, but when it wouldn't show up anymore in Juno, I tried again with Indigo and it doesn't show up there either.

Here are my two definitions:

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.debug.ui.launchConfigurationTabs">
      <tab
            class="name.schedenig.eclipse.grepconsole.launch.GrepConsoleLaunchConfigurationTab"
            group="org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui.launchConfigurationTabGroup.localJavaApplication"
            id="com.musit.eclipse.grepconsole.launch.jdt"
            name="%title_grep_console">
         <placement
               after="org.eclipse.debug.ui.SHARED_LAUNCH_CONFIGURATON_DIALOG">
         </placement>
      </tab>
      <tab
            class="name.schedenig.eclipse.grepconsole.launch.GrepConsoleLaunchConfigurationTab"
            group="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.applicationLaunchTabGroup"
            id="com.musit.eclipse.grepconsole.launch.cdt"
         <placement
         </placement>
      </tab>
   </extension>

I'm not seeing any errors or log output at all when I open a CDT launch, but I don't see my tab either.

Any hints appreciated.
Re: Adding a launch configuration tab to a CDT launch [message #974061 is a reply to message #971569] Tue, 06 November 2012 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I don't know much about CDT but "org.eclipse.debug.ui.SHARED_LAUNCH_CONFIGURATON_DIALOG" doesn't look like a good value for placement.after, should be the ID of a tab.
Stephan
Re: Adding a launch configuration tab to a CDT launch [message #975500 is a reply to message #974061] Wed, 07 November 2012 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply. I've tried some of the tab IDs listed when I press Alt+Shift+F1 in the launch configuration dialog, like org.eclipse.cdt.launch.launch_configuration_dialog_main_tab, but the result is the same.

In fact, I can't remember how I ended up with SHARED_LAUNCH_CONFIGURATION, or the group IDs I'm using. In fact, I have no idea how to figure out if my group ID is right, or how to find the one I'm supposed to use...
Re: Adding a launch configuration tab to a CDT launch [message #979695 is a reply to message #975500] Sun, 11 November 2012 04:28 Go to previous message
Turns out I was indeed using the wrong group ID. This configuration works:

<tab
            group="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.applicationLaunchTabGroup"
            id="name.schedenig.eclipse.grepconsole.launch.cdt"
         <placement
         </placement>
      </tab>

I couldn't figure out where I got the "org.eclipse.debug.ui.SHARED_LAUNCH_CONFIGURATON_DIALOG" bit from, but it seems to work, regardless of which group I'm adding to, so I'll just stick to it, assuming that I had a good reason to use that ID to begin with.

I can't help wondering though: Is there no way to add a tab to *all* launch configurations, or at least "most" launch configurations, without providing separate extensions for each individual group ID?
Previous Topic:JPA: Juno wants to create Objects from Text
Next Topic:how do i compile on the command prompt?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:31:08 GMT 2024