Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Enhancement propal for Integration tests
Enhancement propal for Integration tests [message #971207] Sun, 04 November 2012 17:49 Go to next message
Charlie Mordant is currently offline Charlie MordantFriend

Hi,

I know about
the @RunWith(DmKernelTestRunner.class) annotation but I think it's over-complicated: it forces us to duplicate a Virgo conf (with not the exact virgo server format).
As an addition, this solution is not as easy for adding third party libraries and synchronizes it with the enterprise dependencies.
What do you think about a Maven plugin able to run an home made Virgo server zip (or rpm) to run integration tests?

I've not any knowledge on these domains (maven plugins, zip packaging...), it's just one thing I would like to have to make some Itests on my project.

For the background, I'm not able to use pax-exam because of my intense use of virgo ltw, nor virgo test runner due to all my custom server libs, I haven't tried Tycho yet, but I think the pax-exam issue will block me the same way.

Best regards to this wonderful Virgo community,

Charlie
Re: Enhancement propal for Integration tests [message #971693 is a reply to message #971207] Mon, 05 November 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi,

We're aware it is a bit cumbersome to customize an integration test. We especially felt it when making large infrastructure changes and all the tests had to receive additional bundles, configurations etc. where it would have been easier to have a Virgo zip and run on top.
We were looking into Cargo and PAX-Exam integration. For your particular case I think Cargo might do better. It has Maven and Ant integration and basically works by taking a zipped container and deploys stuff in it and then gives you connection to this server to make checks. We haven't yet focused on getting this support but if the community demand increases it might pop higher on the list Smile
Check it out and let us know if it will help you.

Best Regards
Bobby
Re: Enhancement propal for Integration tests [message #974914 is a reply to message #971693] Wed, 07 November 2012 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I already know about Cargo (I used it with an home made jsf/spring/tomcat framework) and I think it would be a nice container to fulfill the need.
For sure it will help me!
I'll listen with strong interest for this integration/connector (and may be if I have time I'll work on it (don't count too much on my participation, I'm far underwater for the moment)).

Best regards,
Re: Enhancement propal for Integration tests [message #977453 is a reply to message #974914] Fri, 09 November 2012 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Is there an enhancement bugzilla to capture this?
Re: Enhancement propal for Integration tests [message #985863 is a reply to message #971207] Fri, 16 November 2012 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Done: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=394465

Regards,
Re: Enhancement propal for Integration tests [message #985870 is a reply to message #985863] Fri, 16 November 2012 14:02 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Thanks Charlie.
Previous Topic:Virgo + Hibernate problems
Next Topic:Listener for bundle consuming services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:39:22 GMT 2024