Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » Access MPC Wizard(Accesing Marketplace Client)
Access MPC Wizard [message #968947] Fri, 02 November 2012 22:00 Go to next message
Al Franken is currently offline Al FrankenFriend
Hello:
I'm running Eclipse Juno classic and have installed:
Marketplace Client 1.1.1.I20110907-0947 org.eclipse.epp.mpc.feature.group Eclipse Packaging Project
&
Equinox p2 Discovery 1.0.100.v20120524-0542-4-Bh9oB58A5N9L28PCQ org.eclipse.equinox.p2.discovery.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - Equinox

Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/201209280900 - General Purpose Tools

I'm looking for MPC Wizard under the Help menu, but I don't see the entry. The pictures suggest the entry is after Install New Software, but I'm not sure this is for Juno classic.
Is MPC under a Submenu in the Help Menu? I'm in the Java perspective. I didn't see anything in the Preferences to display the MPC.

Thanks,
Al
Re: Access MPC Wizard [message #973628 is a reply to message #968947] Tue, 06 November 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Al,

I tried to reproduce your problem but was not able to. The Eclipse Marketplace is always reachable under Help or via the Welcome Screen. Please make sure that you have MPC installed correctly, see Help->About Eclipse SDK->Installation Details->Installed Software.

There is also no need to add a new Update-Site, the MPC is installable from the default update-site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno)

Tom
Re: Access MPC Wizard [message #974125 is a reply to message #973628] Tue, 06 November 2012 22:00 Go to previous message
Al Franken is currently offline Al FrankenFriend
Thanks Tom.
I think I figured out the error. I installed JDT Core patch for Groovy-Eclipse plugin first and then installed the Marketplace Client.

MPC has to go on before JDT Core for Groovy-Eclipse. The patch does contain some unsigned content.

MPC should probably go on as the first plugin in Eclipse.

I didn't know MPC was available on the Welcome Screen. Thanks for the info.

-Al
Previous Topic:Filtering entries based on Eclipse platform version
Next Topic:Request for Proposal for MPC Developement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:04:18 GMT 2024