Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Postgres 8.3 Schema not expanding in Data Source Explorer
Postgres 8.3 Schema not expanding in Data Source Explorer [message #968594] Fri, 02 November 2012 15:30 Go to next message
Tony Crisera is currently offline Tony CriseraFriend
I've created a data source for a Postgres 8.3 database (remote server, not localhost). I figured out how to set up the connection and specify driver, successfully pinged. Then I could connect.
It shows the server, (correct version) and the database. Under Schemas I see public and expand, however if I click tables nothing happens.

I want to use this connection w/ Dali to generate JPA. I've tried different version of the driver, but nothing helped. I'm running in Helios.

I installed Toad extensions and I can connect w/ a JDBC connection using that and explore the whole db. I don't know why that would work. But it isn't going to help me w/ Dali.

Any suggestions of where to look is appreciated. Let me know what additional info I could provide. (btw, I can create a SQL Server connection and fully browse so it seems specific to Postgres)

Thanks
Re: Postgres 8.3 Schema not expanding in Data Source Explorer [message #986059 is a reply to message #968594] Sat, 17 November 2012 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Arsenault is currently offline Simon ArsenaultFriend
I'm having the same issue except I'm using PostgreSQL 9.2 on localhost (Eclipse Juno SR1). Disappointing as I cannot use the wizard "JPA Entities from Tables".

Anyone know if this is a bug/limitation with Eclipse or the JDBC driver from PostgreSQL?
Re: Postgres 8.3 Schema not expanding in Data Source Explorer [message #987024 is a reply to message #986059] Fri, 23 November 2012 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Arsenault is currently offline Simon ArsenaultFriend
update... it is now working, I can see the tables now. I deleted my PostgreSQL database, and recreated it again. Created the tables. That did the trick.
Re: Postgres 8.3 Schema not expanding in Data Source Explorer [message #1006228 is a reply to message #987024] Wed, 30 January 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Crisera is currently offline Tony CriseraFriend
Just trying again since I read the last post. Still behaving the same. The data base has been dropped and re-created since then. I am connecting to a remote PG server running on Linux. The ping works so I don't see how that can make any difference.

Thx
Re: Postgres 8.3 Schema not expanding in Data Source Explorer [message #1735815 is a reply to message #1006228] Wed, 22 June 2016 22:58 Go to previous message
Shwetha Venkatesh is currently offline Shwetha VenkateshFriend
@ Tony Crisera : Where you able find any solution. Facing issue in Data Source Explorer not showing Tables/Stored Procedure for Postgres DB.
@ Simon Arsenault : You mean, your able to view new created tables??
Previous Topic:DTP in RCP
Next Topic:Cannot create profile using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 JDBC Driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:12:49 GMT 2024