Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Edit(Copy,Paste) not working with Eclipse Juno(4.2) and GMF(3.0.1)(Edit(Copy,Paste) not working with Eclipse Juno(4.2) and GMF(3.0.1))
Edit(Copy,Paste) not working with Eclipse Juno(4.2) and GMF(3.0.1) [message #968064] Fri, 02 November 2012 07:05 Go to next message
Sindhura Pappula is currently offline Sindhura PappulaFriend
Hi,

We have developed our own studio, using eclipse-plugins and GMF. In that we have something like palette from where we can add different elements.When we want to copy one element and paste it,but it is not working.

The feature was working fine with Eclipse 3.7.1 and the latest gmf(gmf 1.5).
With new eclipse version(Eclipse 4.2 Juno) and latest GMF(either downloaded from the updated site or manually using gmf-sdk-3.0.1v201210101200.zip),the feature is not working.

It is allowing me to cut my element, but paste is not working. Similarly with copy and paste. If i close it without saving i'm getting an error saying.."Failed to create the part's controls". PFA to refer to Logs.

On restart of eclipse, i'm not getting any error,but cannot see my pasted elements.

Can you please tell me, do i need to install any additional plugin or i need to change any settings to make Copy-paste work...

Any useful information related to this will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 10:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Edit(Copy,Paste) not working with Eclipse Juno(4.2) and GMF(3.0.1) [message #985171 is a reply to message #968064] Thu, 15 November 2012 07:51 Go to previous message
Andreas Muelder is currently offline Andreas MuelderFriend
Hi Sindhura,

GMF uses some internal API of EMF that changed and causes this effect.
I filed a Bug for that some time ago:

Bug 390022 - Copy paste broken in Juno (Regression)

Afaik the only thing you can do is provide a patch feature or wait for the next service release when this bug hopefully will be fixed.

Regards,

Andreas
Previous Topic:GMF and Dawn
Next Topic:cannot reopen diagram in the editor after executing SetBoundsCommand or setLayoutConstraint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:45:28 GMT 2024