Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » No way to code to make code hinting to work(After 2 days of tries give it up)
icon9.gif  No way to code to make code hinting to work [message #966993] Thu, 01 November 2012 11:56 Go to next message
Ladislav Sopko is currently offline Ladislav SopkoFriend
Hello,

I past 2 days i did try any combination of eclipse and LDT (0.8, 0.9M, standalone, embeded like plugin) and no way to see code hinting to work.

I made my smal EE with just few functions, with one table and with one type. It was not function, so I used directly file in project, I did any kombination of experiment.
BUT it just not function!!!!

this is my xw.api from EE:

--[[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 e Xml record DOM resource handle
 @type #theRecord
]]

--[[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Checks validity of record
 @function [parent=#theRecord] isValid
 @param self
 @return #boolean 
]]

eXtraWay lua api
 This library provides functions for eXtraWay server side scripting

@module xw
]]

Given a package name, it will load it in current runner
 TODO: add sintax of package name
 @function [parent=#xw] addPackage
 @param #string package name.
 @return #number
]]

Create theRecord resource, which is xw DOM of record.
 @function [parent=#xw] prepareRecord
 @param #string xml string to be parsed
 @param #string archive name (empty means current)
 @return #theRecord
]]

return nil

Pls. help me. It is evident that I miss somthing , I just cant capture what.

Thx in advance Ladislav.

Re: No way to code to make code hinting to work [message #972083 is a reply to message #966993] Mon, 05 November 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin KIN-FOO is currently offline Kevin KIN-FOOFriend
Hi,

At the top of your file, as mentioned in LDD documentation, there is no # before type name.
So try with:
e Xml record DOM resource handle
@type theRecord
]]

You posted your xw.api file form your EE, but in the EE creation documentation, there is no mention of file with this extension.
This might be the problem, does your EE respect every step of the creation documentation?

Kevin

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2012 10:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No way to code to make code hinting to work [message #979289 is a reply to message #972083] Sat, 10 November 2012 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After next day of Tries I found:
1: there can be only one EE for project
2: function comment should Have free Lines between description and function line
3: if you want code hinting, start it on new lua file (this is some sort of mistery)
It means create new lua empty file from eclipse. Then write pace of code which initialise
Code hinting, then file cache somthing, so if you copy then existing code in, it will
Continui to function. If you tray to code hinting existing lua file, it will not function
4: api.zip from EE must not containe api dir zip, but just api files zipped. Api out line function in any case
But code hinting not.
5: there must be global.lua with all global modules definition in api dir within EE. Without it there is no way to make it work.

I stil did not find how to make it work with types comment ed within edited lua file.

Re: No way to code to make code hinting to work [message #991932 is a reply to message #972083] Thu, 20 December 2012 14:01 Go to previous message
Sry late response Smile had project inferno last month, so I had to do other then pleasure with lua Smile

Yes there is no api file, it is xw.lua. I called it .api just for post in forum , for to know that it is just api created by documentor, now i'll try remove # from type definition.

thx laco
Previous Topic:how to debug like the tool "decoda"?
Next Topic:Can I debug lua at android
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:34:15 GMT 2024