Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT and .dll files(BIRT does not see .dll files)
BIRT and .dll files [message #966168] Wed, 31 October 2012 20:23 Go to next message
andrew smith is currently offline andrew smithFriend
Hello,

I have a difficulty making BIRT see .dll files. What do I do to make BIRT see dlls.
At this point of time, I am not too sure if this is a BIRT or an ECLISPE problem.

I tried the following:
1) updating the eclipse.ini file with
-Djava.library.path = "the path" line under -vmargs
2) inserting the -Djava.library.path="the path" as a VM argument in
>>Window >>Preferences >>Java >>Intalled JRE
3) putting the .dll files into the root folder of an eclipse.

Nothing seems to work...

Any ideas that can help me solve my problem?

Thanks!!
Re: BIRT and .dll files [message #966640 is a reply to message #966168] Thu, 01 November 2012 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you tried right clicking on the project, going to properties, then to Java Build Path, then to the libraries tab, then finding the jar that needs the dll file, expanding it and editing the native library location to point to the directory that contains your dll file?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: BIRT and .dll files [message #968785 is a reply to message #966640] Fri, 02 November 2012 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, Michael:

Thanks for your email.
When I am in BIRT perspective, the option you are suggesting is not available to me via the right-clicking the project. Only way that I can access that is when I got to >> WINDOWS >> PREFERENCES >> JAVA >> BUILD PATH >> USER LIBRARIES.
There is no 'libraries' tab in this view...only the window that allows to add .jars. when I expand .jar, I see indeed native library location field, to which I added the .dll path.

This however does not seem to work either.
what am I doing wrong?

thanks,

Re: BIRT and .dll files [message #972397 is a reply to message #968785] Mon, 05 November 2012 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What's your BIRT version? That setting is there when I right click on a java project, but not on a report project.

Michael

Re: BIRT and .dll files [message #972453 is a reply to message #972397] Mon, 05 November 2012 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using BIRT Indigo.
Yes I absolutely agree that that option is in there in Java Perspective and not the Report Perspective. However, when I do the suggested ops in Java Perspective, it does not seem to work i.e. looks like BIRT does not see this change.

Thanks!!

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2012 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BIRT and .dll files [message #975415 is a reply to message #972453] Wed, 07 November 2012 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, the library.path thing should work. It could be a bug. You might try the latest version, if not too difficult. If that doesn't work, you might log a bug..

Michael

Re: BIRT and .dll files [message #981687 is a reply to message #975415] Mon, 12 November 2012 16:14 Go to previous message
Thanks, Michael!

I do not think it is a bug though. If that would be the case, then tons of people would have already noticed it. I am not the only one that is using ''integratedSecurity=true;'' option when connecting to the databases. I think there is a very subtle solution...I just can not figure out what it is as I tried already all of the combinations and permutations of what could be a solution.

Do you think it is a BIRT problem or an Eclipse Problem?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Websphere desn't like BIRT...
Next Topic:Setting Y-Axis Title from persistent global variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:59:20 GMT 2024