Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Formatting issues with V4.2.1
Formatting issues with V4.2.1 [message #966048] Wed, 31 October 2012 18:11 Go to next message
Mike Wulkan is currently offline Mike WulkanFriend
Hi,

I just upgraded to V4.2.1 from V2.6.2 and I've noticed two compatibility issues with formatting.

Issue 1: Whitespace now appears between my Master Page heading and the first item that follows it. This didn't happen in the previous version and I can't find any margins or padding that would account for it.

Issue 2: Width calculations for a grid seem to be broken when the report is displayed in IE or Firefox, but it works in Chrome. All browsers worked in the previous version.

See file attachment for more details

Please advise as to whether there is a quick fix for either of these issues?
  • Attachment: bad1.jpg
    (Size: 41.58KB, Downloaded 203 times)
  • Attachment: bad2.jpg
    (Size: 48.63KB, Downloaded 188 times)
Re: Formatting issues with V4.2.1 [message #966076 is a reply to message #966048] Wed, 31 October 2012 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For issue 1 it seems that the header area is now a fixed height but the grid does not size to fill it automatically as it did before. If I hard code the grid height I can get rid of the whitespace.
Re: Formatting issues with V4.2.1 [message #966086 is a reply to message #966076] Wed, 31 October 2012 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For issue 2, this appears to be an issue with the images being displayed. They work correctly in Chrome, but not in IE or Firefox; however they work differently in IE and Firefox.
In IE the images have this blue border and the filler cell before the images is narrow. In Firefox there are no blue borders, the filler space appears to be sized correctly (ie., the same as in Chrome) but the image cells are too large and thus get clipped.
Re: Formatting issues with V4.2.1 [message #966603 is a reply to message #966086] Thu, 01 November 2012 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If you design a new report, in 4.2.1, does this happen? Or just with reports designed in 2.6? Any way you can recreate the issue, so I can test on it?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Formatting issues with V4.2.1 [message #967166 is a reply to message #966048] Thu, 01 November 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It happens with a new report as well.
I did some more experimenting. The cells that the images were in specified right alignment and the column width was hard coded. However in both Firefox and IE the calculated position of the right aligned image was done without taking the column width into account. If I changed the alignment to left aligned, things work out better (see attached image).
This leaves me two remaining issues:
1) The strange blue borders around the images in IE that don't appear in either Firefox or Chrome.
2) IE appears to ignore the column widths and sizes the columns however it likes even though all the columns have hard coded widths specified in inches. Only the blank column has no size specified in order to allow it expand and contract with the size of the report and keep the three images right justified.
Re: Formatting issues with V4.2.1 [message #967367 is a reply to message #967166] Thu, 01 November 2012 18:08 Go to previous message
Just noticed that the blue border around the images in IE was also there in the previous release (I just don't use IE very much so I never noticed it Wink )
Previous Topic:Creating a list
Next Topic:ODBC JDBC BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:55:22 GMT 2024