Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack?(How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack?)
How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965459] Wed, 31 October 2012 08:47 Go to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
I have a Part Stack, which contains some views.
Now the stack has minimize/maximize buttons, which I do not want for users to use,
since I want to have a fixed layout.

How can I disable and hide the minimize/maximize Buttons from the Part Stack?
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965472 is a reply to message #965459] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Check your addons and remove the MinMaxAddon there.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965505 is a reply to message #965472] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to remove the MinMax addon from the context - but there was none.
(Injecting the MinMaxAddon.class fails)

How can I remove the MinMaxAddon Addon?
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965510 is a reply to message #965505] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look at your application model. In the section Addons you should find it.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965528 is a reply to message #965510] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately it is not there.
http://i.imgur.com/0MetL.png

Where can I read more about Addons and expecially about MinMax?
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965542 is a reply to message #965528] Wed, 31 October 2012 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of application are you running? Plain Eclipse 4 or in compatibility mode? As far as I know the min/max buttons are only added to the PartStack if the MinMaxAddon is added. The only information I've found about this is the tutorial by Lars Vogel http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseRCP/article.html
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #965930 is a reply to message #965542] Wed, 31 October 2012 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running an e4 Application, but there is no MinMax Adon in it!

Do you know, which kind of renderer is responsible for rendering the min/max part of the stack? I thought it would be the org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer, but it seems to be something else!
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #966284 is a reply to message #965930] Wed, 31 October 2012 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Does removing the *.swt.addons from plugin and product work help?

StackRenderer is responsible. MinMax is responsible for putting those min/max buttons in.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #966757 is a reply to message #966284] Thu, 01 November 2012 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Maybe he's coming from a restored state?

Tom

Am 31.10.12 23:26, schrieb Sopot Cela:
> Does removing the *.swt.addons from plugin and product work help?
>
> StackRenderer is responsible. MinMax is responsible for putting those
> min/max buttons in.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #966955 is a reply to message #966757] Thu, 01 November 2012 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

You need to remove the org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt from your product configuration.

I extended my description to cover this a bit more in detail. See Eclipse 4 Model Addons.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #966962 is a reply to message #966955] Thu, 01 November 2012 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Well it doesn't feel right. I smell a bug around.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968406 is a reply to message #966962] Fri, 02 November 2012 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnx @all, removing "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt" from dependencies AND Eclipse-Run-Configuration helped, the min/max Buttons disappered.
This is behaviour is strange, since I can not use any other addons now?
I will look for the code, which is reponsible for creating the min/max Buttons inside the renderer and remove the buttons from there.
(e.g. when some kind of Tag is given to the Window)
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968410 is a reply to message #968406] Fri, 02 November 2012 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
If clearing your workspace (or putting -clearPersistedState) was not enough and you were forced to remove the bundle than it is definitely a bug.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968413 is a reply to message #968410] Fri, 02 November 2012 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@Sopot: he has to remove the plug-in from the product configuration, that is not a bug. And he has to start everything again from the product to update the runtime configuration. Most people don't know this and therefore update the runtime manually.

Where do you see a potential bug? To me everything sounds correct here.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968432 is a reply to message #968413] Fri, 02 November 2012 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Suppose in a bundle I have three addons up and running and I decide to remove one. Should I remove and insert bundles for this case? A clearing of the persistent state should be enough to update the list of addons being picked up.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968494 is a reply to message #968413] Fri, 02 November 2012 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Lars A bug could be the following behaviour:

Importing "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt" makes the min/max buttons visible, even if I do not import the MinMax Addon to my e4 application Addons.
I had to remove the whole "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt" plugin, in order t ohide the Min/Max buttons for MpartStacks.
This is wrong, because it makes me unable to use another Addons.

Right behaviour should be:
the min/max Buttons are hidden by default. They are explicitely enabled by the MinMax Addon.

P.S.
I wrote you an Email to info(att)vogella.com, to call your attention to this theme.
Is that the wrong way to contact you? Smile

Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968537 is a reply to message #968494] Fri, 02 November 2012 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Alex Kipling wrote on Fri, 02 November 2012 14:56
@Lars A bug could be the following behaviour:

Importing "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt" makes the min/max buttons visible, even if I do not import the MinMax Addon to my e4 application Addons.
I had to remove the whole "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt" plugin, in order t ohide the Min/Max buttons for MpartStacks.
This is wrong, because it makes me unable to use another Addons.

Right behaviour should be:
the min/max Buttons are hidden by default. They are explicitely enabled by the MinMax Addon.

P.S.
I wrote you an Email to info(att)vogella.com, to call your attention to this theme.
Is that the wrong way to contact you? Smile

IIRC there is a processor which gets executed upon bundle load that adds all addons of the bundle in the app model regardless of what you define from the e4xmi editor.. So basically you get an "all or nothing" behavior which IMHO is not right.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #968677 is a reply to message #968537] Fri, 02 November 2012 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@Alex this is the current behavior, see Eclipse 4 Modularity to learn about processors.

@Alex/ Sopot I agree it would be desirable to have the option to activate each Add-on on request. Could you open a bug report for that?
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #976221 is a reply to message #968677] Thu, 08 November 2012 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nagesh Bansal is currently offline Nagesh BansalFriend
Is using the CSS a wrong way. You can explicitly define it in the CSS using swt-maximize-visible: false;swt-minimize-visible: false;
Or am I missing something here
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #976284 is a reply to message #976221] Thu, 08 November 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@Nagesh Great idea.

.MPartStack {
swt-maximize-visible: false;
swt-minimize-visible: false;
}

works fine. I still think having a tag which allows to define this specific to a PartStack would be useful.

Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #981180 is a reply to message #976284] Mon, 12 November 2012 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ghm, I wether have a CSS class, nor I have a CSS Id associated with the min-max Buttons.
Do you have to add them manually?

http://i.imgur.com/U0hzk.png

@Lars: applying a patch to add a "min-max" tag is still on my todo list.
I first will have to learn about patches - never userd them before...
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #981827 is a reply to message #981180] Mon, 12 November 2012 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@Alex: First steps first, please open a bug report for this feature request.
Re: How to hide Minimize/Maximize Buttons from PartStack? [message #983392 is a reply to message #981827] Tue, 13 November 2012 22:29 Go to previous message
Added a Bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=394231
Previous Topic:Codesigning Eclipse 4.x releases
Next Topic:Use workspace of eclipse 4.2 from eclipse 4.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:22:25 GMT 2024