Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Repeat table if there is a page break(If there is a page break during a table, I need to repeat a different table on the next page)
Repeat table if there is a page break [message #964851] Tue, 30 October 2012 21:04 Go to next message
E Boswell is currently offline E BoswellFriend
I have a report that is made up of two tables. Each table is bound to a different data set. The second table sometimes spills onto two pages. Is there anyway I can repeat the first table on the second page?

I tried inserting the first table into a header cell on the second table, but it seems that you can't have a table within a table.

I do have the two tables together in a grid, but I don't see a way to repeat the entire grid on the next page.

Any ideas would be must appreciated!

Thanks!
Re: Repeat table if there is a page break [message #966598 is a reply to message #964851] Thu, 01 November 2012 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could try grouping the second table on a field that only has one value. If you don't have a field like that, you could create a computed field with a static value for the expression, so you can group on it and only get the one group. Then, put the first table in the group header that is created. This should allow the first table to repeat, if the second table spills to another page. Let me know if you have questions or issues.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Repeat table if there is a page break [message #966658 is a reply to message #966598] Thu, 01 November 2012 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E Boswell is currently offline E BoswellFriend
Hi,

That works, thank you! I was trying to insert the table into the overall table header (not the group header). Thank you for taking the time!

E

Re: Repeat table if there is a page break [message #968552 is a reply to message #966658] Fri, 02 November 2012 14:52 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Not a problem! Glad to help!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Print Option
Next Topic:Tooltips on Tomcat displaced or missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:05:39 GMT 2024