Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Adding new source files bugs linking stage
Adding new source files bugs linking stage [message #964737] Tue, 30 October 2012 19:13 Go to next message
Tom Jansen is currently offline Tom JansenFriend
Hello everyone,

Recently I ran into the problem that for some reason I cannot add new source files to my project anymore. I am using Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers. Version: Indigo Service Release 2. The problem that I am currently facing is that when I add a new *.cpp file to the project and link to the header, the project fails during linking and is dropping random letters from the last to-be-included library.

For example when I create a file called SoundSource.cpp and link to the header the console will show "-lSDL_ttf
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lSDL_tf
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

However when I rename the file it sometimes does manage to pass linking stage. I am pretty lost where to start searching for a possible solution. First I thought it was the 161th file being a problem, because when I removed another unused file it simply managed to compile again. I am aware it might have nothing to do with Eclipse IDE at all but maybe gcc is fooling me, however I am pretty clueless at the moment.

If anyone experienced something similar or do you have a suggestion what I could do, please let me know.

With kind regards,
Tom
Re: Adding new source files bugs linking stage [message #965432 is a reply to message #964737] Wed, 31 October 2012 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
I am not sure but you might be hit the maximum command line length under Windows.

see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=72965

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Adding new source files bugs linking stage [message #972832 is a reply to message #965432] Mon, 05 November 2012 23:10 Go to previous message
Tom Jansen is currently offline Tom JansenFriend
Hey Axel,

Thanks for your reply. This indeed seemed to be the problem. It is OK to rename my working folder for now. Still seems a pretty odd bug thats been around for a while?

Anyway I am happy that I can work on my project again. Cheers for that!

Previous Topic:MultiCore builds
Next Topic:regexErrorParser for a custom compiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:04:07 GMT 2024