Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo 3.6.0.M03
Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #964200] Tue, 30 October 2012 10:37 Go to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Virgo 3.6.0.M03 is available for download.

Please see the release notes for details.
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #964598 is a reply to message #964200] Tue, 30 October 2012 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mastah Naleh is currently offline Mastah NalehFriend
I'm having problem to log with the admin console.
I'm using the previous admin/springsource (login/pwd) but somehow it doesn't work.
Did the login/password have been changed since previous release ?
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #964609 is a reply to message #964598] Tue, 30 October 2012 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mastah Naleh wrote on Tue, 30 October 2012 16:50
I'm having problem to log with the admin console.
I'm using the previous admin/springsource (login/pwd) but somehow it doesn't work.
Did the login/password have been changed since previous release ?

No - those details are unchanged. I hit a similar problem which we thought was fixed. See bug 388433. Perhaps you would care to re-open that bug and describe your symptoms carefully. Meanwhile, please try clicking "cancel", getting the 401, and then refreshing the browser (as described in the above bug description).
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #964792 is a reply to message #964200] Tue, 30 October 2012 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Brand is currently offline Scott BrandFriend
Thanks Virgo Team for all of your hard work!!!!

I just downloaded 3.6.0M03, made some simple modifications to the configuration/repository.properties to support my multiple watched directories and then I copied my bundles into their repository location and it started right up.

The server is using Blueprint, DS, JPA, JNDI communicating with a DB2 v9.7 databasse via Tomcat JDBC/DataSoruce Connection Pooling with various services and injection happening left and right and it is working perfectly.

My client is an Eclipse RCP application and now that I am using OSGi on both client and server I am gaining incredible reuse with services that interact with Eclipse EMF and other common bundles that I use on both client and server.

Keep up the good work Smile
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #965490 is a reply to message #964792] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoot Brand, this thread is for you : http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/398243/
Glyn is asking for feedback of ppl using the virgo server. So, go ahead Wink

As for the login sequence possible bug, I'll have a look and reopen the ticket if needed, thanks glyn.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 October 2012 09:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #965491 is a reply to message #964792] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Scott - great to hear. If you are able to mention the company name and briefly blog your experience that would be so helpful. Also I'm intrigued about DB2. Which hardware platform and operating system are you running Virgo on?

[Updated on: Wed, 31 October 2012 09:26]

Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #965522 is a reply to message #965491] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far I really like the new build 3.6.x
The service graph is just awesome and so useful. You don't need to use virgo tooling anymore to check that. The ability to check on both web server and in virgo tooling is really a great thing.
Ability to start/stop/install/uninstall feel now better especially since the html content is refreshed according to the status without the need to hit F5.

Moving from spring 3.0.5 to spring 3.1.0 is also great. Avoid me to tweak virgo myself to put spring 3.1.x instead of 3.0.5.
Btw, any plan to put spring 3.1.1 anytime soon ?

There is just one thing I miss from 3.5.x is the split of self deployed bundle (pickup directory) from others bundles. It was more easy during development to find your own bundle on 3.5.x than it is currently. You have to look at the whole bundle list to find your own bundle now.
Could be a great thing to bring back that ability to split the list in two categories :
- bundle in pickup (especially true if you develop with virgo tooling)
- other bundles
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #965842 is a reply to message #965522] Wed, 31 October 2012 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Mastah Naleh wrote on Wed, 31 October 2012 09:54]So far I really like the new build 3.6.x
The service graph is just awesome and so useful. You don't need to use virgo tooling anymore to check that. The ability to check on both web server and in virgo tooling is really a great thing.
Ability to start/stop/install/uninstall feel now better especially since the html content is refreshed according to the status without the need to hit F5.

Moving from spring 3.0.5 to spring 3.1.0 is also great. Avoid me to tweak virgo myself to put spring 3.1.x instead of 3.0.5.
Btw, any plan to put spring 3.1.1 anytime soon ?{/quote]
No. Each upgrade of Spring framework involves the Eclipse IP team in quite a lot of work, so we try to minimise the number of upgrades while ensuring that users can upgrade Spring framework themselves.
Quote:

There is just one thing I miss from 3.5.x is the split of self deployed bundle (pickup directory) from others bundles. It was more easy during development to find your own bundle on 3.5.x than it is currently. You have to look at the whole bundle list to find your own bundle now.
Could be a great thing to bring back that ability to split the list in two categories :
- bundle in pickup (especially true if you develop with virgo tooling)
- other bundles

Thanks for the feedback. Meanwhile, you could take advantage of the lexicographic sorting by bundle symbolic name if your bundles can be made to conform to some naming convention with a common prefix.
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #968580 is a reply to message #965842] Fri, 02 November 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Mastah, thanks for the kind words. The ability to sort bundle by how they were deployed went away for technical reasons but I am aware of it and would like to bring it back. I have made a note that at least one user would like it Smile

Thanks, Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Virgo 3.6.0.M03 [message #969061 is a reply to message #968580] Sat, 03 November 2012 00:14 Go to previous message
You're welcome.

And since the 3.6.x is a milestone, there is no rush for that ability to be back asap. Could be great for this to be present in the 3.6.0x release though Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 03 November 2012 00:17]

Previous Topic:Strange ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Remote debug of spring classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:20:19 GMT 2024