Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Generate Diagram from Model?
Generate Diagram from Model? [message #962877] Mon, 29 October 2012 11:53 Go to next message
Jens Bürger is currently offline Jens BürgerFriend
Hi,

I'm using Henshin Eclipse project to do model transformations. Currently I am having the following workflow for UML-models:

• draw UML-diagram (with TOPCASED)
  • do transformation on .uml-file
  • re-create diagram on the transformed model (using TOPCASED)

Is this possible for BPMN2-Models / diagrams ?
My problem is: when I do the transformation only on the model information, BPMN2 Modeler (diagram editor) refuses to open the diagram, while the model editor shows the model fine.

Thanks in advance,
Jens
Re: Generate Diagram from Model? [message #962993 is a reply to message #962877] Mon, 29 October 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Jens,

I'm guessing that your transformation only contains the BPMN2 elements without any DI (Diagram Interchange) information. Is it possible to post the transformed model here? If that's not possible, can you email it in an attachment to bbrodt@redhat.com?

Thanks!
Bob
Re: Generate Diagram from Model? [message #963238 is a reply to message #962993] Mon, 29 October 2012 17:13 Go to previous message
Jens Bürger is currently offline Jens BürgerFriend
Robert Brodt wrote on Mon, 29 October 2012 09:42
Hi Jens,

I'm guessing that your transformation only contains the BPMN2 elements without any DI (Diagram Interchange) information.

Yes and no Smile It depends on how I do the transformation.

It may be possible to also do the changes to the diagram-elements, but this would make the transformation rules very complex because the elements of the diagram do have an other container then the elements of the model. I'll send you some data via e-mail because it seems as if attachements are not allowed here.

test_raw.bpmn2:
This is the raw file which I initially draw with modeller. It is a simple process containing of start/end and two Tasks "Enter Password" and "Ignore".

test_before_transformation.bpmn2:
I deleted the diagram information from the file by hand.

test_transformed.bpmn:
My transformation runs fine then. The result is a pure BPMN2-Model which is intact, I think.

The other possibility:
I do a "forced" transition on test_raw.bpmn2, which means that Henshin, the transformation-tool, does not check if the transformation leaves dangling edges. The result is "test_forced.bpmn2", an intact model and diagram information including the now superfluous Shape and Edges describing the (deleted) Task and its Sequence Flows.
Previous Topic:Developer Guide
Next Topic:SubProcesses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:29:16 GMT 2024