Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Developer Guide
Developer Guide [message #962711] Mon, 29 October 2012 09:10 Go to next message
Valentin Rentschler is currently offline Valentin RentschlerFriend
Would it be possible to provide some quick hints at how to get started working with the code?

Especially, could someone provide a target definition that has all the dependencies? Do I need Eclipse indigo/3.x or will it work with juno/4.2?

Thanks a lot
Re: Developer Guide [message #964378 is a reply to message #962711] Tue, 30 October 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Valentin,

I have been meaning to get around to writing developer documentation, but I've been rather busy just fixing bugs. The example runtime plugin contains most of the extensions you'll need to get started. If you have specific questions, please feel free to post them here and I'll try to answer as best I can.

The editor will work with eclipse platform versions 3.6.2 through 4.2, so pick your poison Wink Be aware that helios requires Graphiti 0.8.2, while indigo and juno use 0.9.0. There were some significant changes in these two versions and it takes a bit of effort to support both versions. Support for the older Graphiti may disappear at some point in the future.

Cheers!
Bob
Re: Developer Guide [message #964394 is a reply to message #964378] Tue, 30 October 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Please send me your email address to bbrodt@redhat.com if you would like to chat about your specific target runtime requirements.

Bob
Re: Developer Guide [message #964657 is a reply to message #962711] Tue, 30 October 2012 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was looking for a ".target" file, or some simple instructions on how to prepare my eclipse so I can run and debug and develop the Modeler. Tycho simply pulls in everything it needs from the defined p2 repositories.
Simply put, when I cloned the bpmn2 github repository to my workspace in a fresh (RCP/RAP) Eclipse Juno R2, what do I need to put under Window->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform to make it 'green'? Very Happy

Thanks for your great and quick support,

Valentin
Re: Developer Guide [message #968265 is a reply to message #962711] Fri, 02 November 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it. I just installed everything that's needed into my runtime.

To sum up:
1. get indigo (jave-ee version is fine, or rcp...)
2. import bpmn2 and bpmn2-editor projects into workspace
3. install graphiti sdk
4. install emf validation framework sdk
5. install bpel commons, bpel visual designer
6. install ecore tools

Now I can start developing!
Re: Developer Guide [message #968278 is a reply to message #968265] Fri, 02 November 2012 10:33 Go to previous message

or you could just install the editor in your development workbench from the update site here:
http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site
and then import the editor source from the git repo.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 November 2012 10:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown
Next Topic:Generate Diagram from Model?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:05:48 GMT 2024