Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » OpenGL antialiasing (SWT 4.2.1 + LWJGL 2.8.4), is it possible?(Like title says...)
OpenGL antialiasing (SWT 4.2.1 + LWJGL 2.8.4), is it possible? [message #960605] Sat, 27 October 2012 16:39 Go to next message
Jesús Zazueta is currently offline Jesús ZazuetaFriend

Hello.

Like the title says, I'm currently trying to use SWT's OpenGL binding with LWJGL.

I've managed to run Snippet 195 with no problems.

goo . gl / HZ2jH

I'm now trying to enable 4x anti aliasing. However, I've found on the net some old discussions stating that this is not possible. I'm wondering why.

The most relevant discussion over LWJGL's forums dates back to 2006 and states that:

Quote:
Unfortunately, OpenGL in SWT does not yet support multisampling. Although the org.eclipse.swt.opengl.GLData class contains samples and sampleBuffers fields, they are not currently used in the org.eclipse.swt.opengl.GLCanvas class. The following code is from the GLCanvas:

//FIXME - use wglChoosePixelFormatARB
//	if (data.sampleBuffers > 0) {
//		wglAttrib [pos++] = WGL.WGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB;
//		wglAttrib [pos++] = data.sampleBuffers;
//	}
//	if (data.samples > 0) {
//		wglAttrib [pos++] = WGL.WGL_SAMPLES_ARB;
//		wglAttrib [pos++] = data.samples;
//	}

lwjgl . org / forum/index.php/topic,1579.0.html

Its now 2012 and I've verified that this code is still commented on SWT 4.2.1.

Is there any other way to turn on anti aliasing? Is there any bug report open for this issue? I appreciate any feedback I could get on this.

Thanks for your time and help!

JZM
Re: OpenGL antialiasing (SWT 4.2.1 + LWJGL 2.8.4), is it possible? [message #960643 is a reply to message #960605] Sat, 27 October 2012 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesús Zazueta is currently offline Jesús ZazuetaFriend

Quick note: On an NVidia 460 GTX card, forcing AA on (any type) through the card's control panel effectively enables anti aliasing on the snippet's output. So it's got to be something with GLCanvas or LWJGL.

Thanks!
Re: OpenGL antialiasing (SWT 4.2.1 + LWJGL 2.8.4), is it possible? [message #1068835 is a reply to message #960643] Sun, 14 July 2013 14:16 Go to previous message
Florent Masson is currently offline Florent MassonFriend
Hello,

for anyone landing here, There is a feature request open for this :
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=136514

I posted as comment#10 a workaround for anyone interested
Previous Topic:Remove boarder around the button
Next Topic:set selected columns' width to be equal in Gridlayout, rather than all columns are equal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:53:17 GMT 2024