Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » How to run ATL Plugin
How to run ATL Plugin [message #960508] Sat, 27 October 2012 14:52 Go to next message
Tomás Ruiz-López is currently offline Tomás Ruiz-LópezFriend
I have created an ATL plugin but I cannot figure out how to run it within Eclipse. I know there is a main method that can be called from the command line passing two arguments, but that is not what I mean. Since it is a plugin, I guess we should be able to do something like install it on Eclipse and, with a button, run the transformation on the specified file. Is this possible? What is the normal behavior of this generated transformation?
Re: How to run ATL Plugin [message #962035 is a reply to message #960508] Sun, 28 October 2012 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fernanda R.F. is currently offline Fernanda R.F.Friend
I suggest you to try to create a java interface to call yours atl plugin codes, or, I'm not sure about it, but I think you can create the atl plugin with an interface (java) using a wizard. After it, you can create an java runner file, a jar.
Re: How to run ATL Plugin [message #962238 is a reply to message #962035] Mon, 29 October 2012 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By "java interface", do you mean GUI? That would involve the creation of another plugin, if I'm not wrong. I was hoping that this creation of an ATL plugin already did that. Do you have any resources where I can check this GUI plugin creation for Eclipse?
Re: How to run ATL Plugin [message #962755 is a reply to message #962238] Mon, 29 October 2012 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

The ATL documentation provides useful examples to see how you can launch a transformation programmatically.
If you generate the ATL plugin from the transformation, then launching it is quite straightforward: cf. the two examples from https://github.com/101companies/101repo/tree/master/contributions/atl/src/atl.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: How to run ATL Plugin [message #963072 is a reply to message #962755] Mon, 29 October 2012 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Hugo, I'll take a look at it, but what I was interested in is having a GUI to launch the ATL transformation, or at least some kind of "wizard" that allows to select input files and where to save output files. I guess this is out of the topic of this forum.
Re: How to run ATL Plugin [message #963248 is a reply to message #963072] Mon, 29 October 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Well, you can of course use the generated method to simply implement (using the appropriate interface) and declare (using the appropriate extension point) a callable action, with a button in the workbench for instance.
This works exactly the same way as any action provided by the Eclipse workbench.

Best regards,

Hugo

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Previous Topic:matched rule execution order
Next Topic:Debugging an ATL module, which has external methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:50:27 GMT 2024