Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Nexus and or Jenkins on Virgo 3.5(Has anyone else had any success deploying nexus or jenkins on virgo 3.5)
Nexus and or Jenkins on Virgo 3.5 [message #959533] Fri, 26 October 2012 20:03 Go to next message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
Thought I'd try giving Virgo a spin now that it is more mature than when I tried it last in 2010 - but the only wars I use regularly are Nexus and Jenkins.

Neither Jenkins nor Nexus appears to deploy cleanly as wars, so I thought I'd ping the list see if anyone else had any advice for either.

Jenkins is probably more explainable because it requires a bump in memory, but I don't know the deployment path per this doc:
wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Tomcat

Nexus shows a ClassNotFoundException: org.sonatype.nexus.web.NexusGuiceContextListener error in the logs.

I'd be interested if anyone else has tried either of these with any success. They would make a nice proof of concept for the wider group of developers who use these popular projects on a daily basis.
Re: Nexus and or Jenkins on Virgo 3.5 [message #963736 is a reply to message #959533] Tue, 30 October 2012 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi,

Can you give links to the apps you used and on which Virgo you tried them?
I just downloaded the latest jenkins WAR and the latest Nexus WAR and tried them on the latest Virgo Nano Web 3.6.0 snapshot - they both initialized and ran on the same Nano instance smoothly. The installation was as simple as dropping them in pickup.

I also tested on the Nano Web 3.5.0.RELEASE and jenkins was running fine. Nexus required a boost in the MaxPermSize - I tried with 512m and it was fine as well.

Best Regards
Bobby

[Updated on: Tue, 30 October 2012 02:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nexus and or Jenkins on Virgo 3.5 [message #967172 is a reply to message #963736] Thu, 01 November 2012 14:53 Go to previous message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
Thanks Borislav, I tried nano instead of the tomcat version and it deployed nexus just fine, where the tomcat version of virgo had failed.

Google search on 'permgen jenkins' shows that these errors are prevalent right now for everyone, so dropped the idea of testing on virgo, at least for the current release of jenkins.

Thanks for the heads up on moving to nano, it never would have even occurred to me.
Previous Topic:Present your use of Virgo at EclipseCon?
Next Topic:Bundlor 1.1.2.RELEASE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:06:56 GMT 2024