Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question
Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #959355] Fri, 26 October 2012 16:58 Go to next message
birt 2010Friend
I am developing report application for two different companies. So ideally on the report viewer I would like to have different look and feeling. So if I am modifying framefragment.jsp( as suggested on the forum), how to maintain different look and feel? One idea is to keep two copies of framefragment.jsp, but I am not sure how to call specific one. Any ideas?
Please let me know
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #962876 is a reply to message #959355] Mon, 29 October 2012 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt 2010Friend
Still waiting Confused
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963081 is a reply to message #962876] Mon, 29 October 2012 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

The issue is that the Viewer uses code behind pages with JSP Fragments to construct the viewer. When you call the /frameset servlet mapping it in turn calls the class FramesetFragment.java which uses classname+.jsp. So creating two framesetfragment.jsp pages will be difficult unless you make major changes to the viewer. What is different with your two jsp pages?

Jason
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963105 is a reply to message #963081] Mon, 29 October 2012 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt 2010Friend
Thanks Jason. The difference is, since it belongs to two different companies, I am trying to put different logos on each viewer page.
If having two different framesefragment.jsp is difficult then, I could use single page.

Say I have HTML landing page for each company. When user clicks on a link specific to the compnay, I would like to pass custom tag saying "_company:xyz" "-company:ABC" and check for the company in the framesetfragment.jsp. So the alternate question is, can I pass my custom parameters when calling "/birt-viewer/frameset?__report=myreport.rptdesign&"

The idea is to access these custom parameters in framesetfragment.jsp. However I am not able to retrieve any attributes passed. Tried to use the following code logic to see the parameters passed.

<%=
Enumeration attrs =  request.getAttributeNames();
while(attrs.hasMoreElements()) {
    System.out.println(attrs.nextElement());
}
%>	

Getting errors on framesetfragment.jsp saying that the Enumeration is not recognized.

I wish there is a document that explains this configuration, however experience folks like you are helping a lot. Please let me know if you have any way to handle my requirement. I really do not want to run a different viewer application for each company.
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963137 is a reply to message #963105] Mon, 29 October 2012 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

A couple of things. Did you import the Enumeration class? Also you do not use <%= with a println. Try something like this:

<%
if (request.getParameter("yourparameter") == null) {
out.println("no parameter value");
} else {
out.println(request.getParameter("yourparameter"));
}
%>

Jason
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963159 is a reply to message #963137] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt 2010Friend
hmm. I added
 <%@ page import = "java.util.*" %>
, still it is giving me errors. Am I missing anything?
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963169 is a reply to message #963159] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I put this in the body section of the framesetfragment:

<% Enumeration attrs = request.getAttributeNames();
while(attrs.hasMoreElements()) {
%>
<%=attrs.nextElement() + " -- "%>
<%}
%>

I modified the page import at the top like:

<%@ page import="org.eclipse.birt.report.presentation.aggregation.IFragment,
org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean,
org.eclipse.birt.report.resource.ResourceConstants,
org.eclipse.birt.report.resource.BirtResources,
org.eclipse.birt.report.utility.ParameterAccessor, java.util.Enumeration" %>
And it worked for me.

Jason
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963220 is a reply to message #963169] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt 2010Friend
Hmm. I know what I did wrong "<%=" in my code was messing up. It should have been "<%". Embarrassed

I tried your snippet, I do see the attributes. Now I am getting the following error.
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [ViewerServlet] in context with path [/birt-viewer] threw exception [org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: File &quot;/webcontent/birt/pages/parameter/HiddenParameterFragment.jsp&quot; not found] with root cause
javax.servlet.ServletException: File &quot;/webcontent/birt/pages/parameter/HiddenParameterFragment.jsp&quot; not found

I am using Tomcat 7.0. I do not see the folder ../pages/parameter in my install.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2012 17:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963231 is a reply to message #963220] Mon, 29 October 2012 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt 2010Friend
Shocked ; I have replaced the FrameSetFragment.jsp with the original file. Still getting the same error. Not sure what went wrong. Nothing changed except the FrameSetFragment.jsp. I made sure to remove all my changes with the JSP out of the folder just in case if there is a reference issue.
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963276 is a reply to message #963231] Mon, 29 October 2012 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt 2010Friend
I ran a report that does not have charts and it displayed properly. So could it be charts related. Not sure why all of a sudden this issue is happening. It was working last time I checked ( one day back). Any suggestions are appreciated.
Re: Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question [message #963326 is a reply to message #963276] Mon, 29 October 2012 18:39 Go to previous message
birt 2010Friend
Reinstalled the viewer and it appears to be working again. Apparently something got messed up over the weekend.
Previous Topic:Babel Language Packs R0.10.0 for Juno - BIRT 4.2.1
Next Topic:Showing aggregated data in table 1 in table 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:35:45 GMT 2024