Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Birt & Email samples(Samples of birt report with email)
Birt & Email samples [message #959171] Fri, 26 October 2012 14:03 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Host

CentOS
Apache - Tomcat6

I finally got birt installed and working on tomcat. I attached some sample code for the interfaces if anyone is interested.

I can use the url to place birt output on page or create pdf.

I can use the java interface to birt to create pdf.

I can use the send mail methods to to send email with or without attachments and to optionally create and/or attach a pdf created by birt.

You can see the application (all EGL) that this is used in by going to www.meatcutsheet.com and taking the Demonstration link to access the application.

Hope this helps someone.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
  • Attachment: example.zip
    (Size: 59.31KB, Downloaded 448 times)
Re: Birt & Email samples [message #963035 is a reply to message #959171] Mon, 29 October 2012 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Nathan,

Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks for sharing!

-Brian
Re: Birt & Email samples [message #963728 is a reply to message #963035] Tue, 30 October 2012 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
Hi, Nathan

Can you share the instructions or steps you used to get birt installed and tested on Tomcat?

Thanks

Bob

Re: Birt & Email samples [message #964312 is a reply to message #963728] Tue, 30 October 2012 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob:

The gentleman who helped me get birt installed is out of country right now so I do not have the exact steps.

No tomcat config changes were required. I do not believe any configuration changes were required on birt.

The majority of the issues were getting the actual report set to interface parameters, set directory location for output, and db connection. I have attached one of the reports so you can examine the xml. For example note the code for the create pdf parameter:

[code] if( params["createPDF"] == true ){
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api);

var targetDir = "/opt/birt/reports/";
var fileName = "CS"+pad(params['RPSubscriberID'])+pad(params['RPCutSheetID'])+".pdf"/code]

If it would help I can provide you with an archive of my eclipse birt used to export a .war that installs to tomcat6. I cannot attach here because it is too large. I do not know if this would help you out but if so let me know and we can work out a way to get it to you.

Sorry for not being much help.

Nathan
Re: Birt & Email samples [message #966269 is a reply to message #964312] Wed, 31 October 2012 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Nathan

Thanks for the example. I'm still trying to get mobile installed in edt eclipse. I'm looking at the instructions on page http://wiki.eclipse.org/EDT:SettingUpForMobile step 3. I'm not sure what path variable they are talking about. Windows 7 path variable or EGL build path or what? Can you help with this?

3. Configure your PATH variable to include the Apple Application Support directory.  For example, on Windows 7, the directory might be as follows: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Safari\Apple Application Support

Thanks Bob
Re: Birt & Email samples [message #966306 is a reply to message #966269] Wed, 31 October 2012 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob:

I can safely plead total ignorance of the windows platform.

Sorry,

Nathan Reed
Re: Birt & Email samples [message #966597 is a reply to message #966306] Thu, 01 November 2012 04:44 Go to previous message
Sorry, Nathan. I posted this in the wrong place.
Previous Topic:Out of memory
Next Topic:Service Call Syntax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:36:59 GMT 2024