Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown(Script Task Properties Editor problem)
Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown [message #957968] Thu, 25 October 2012 16:41 Go to next message
Richard Morgan is currently offline Richard MorganFriend
Updated both an Eclipse Indigo and Eclipse Juno install using the BPMN site http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/ and all appeared to work correctly.

However, when I insert a Script task into a bpmn process diagram, then open the properties dialog, the script format dropdown doesn't exist, instead I see a label that says "Script Format" followed by "text/xml". My coworker gets a dropdown menu there that offers Java and MVEL. How come I don't get those choices?

Also, the place where there should be a drop down isn't even outlined to make it appear like a data entry text box, it just looks like the words are part of the label, but I can click there and change the value. Same goes for the script box beneath it. I just see a label that says "Script" and I have to know that if I click to the right of it somewhere, I can start typing. There's no visual clue.

I assume there's an incompatibility with other Indigo/Juno components like EMF or GEF, but no amount of updating those things fixes the problem.
Re: Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown [message #964388 is a reply to message #957968] Tue, 30 October 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Richard,

It looks like you are using the "Default" target runtime. Try selecting the jBPM5 runtime for the project you're working with, in the Project Properties:

http://content.screencast.com/users/rbrodt/folders/Jing/media/29a2d111-c3ae-453c-830e-f5c87891c49b/2012-10-30_0726.png

Let me know if you run into more problems.

Cheers!
Bob
Re: Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown [message #964438 is a reply to message #964388] Tue, 30 October 2012 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Morgan is currently offline Richard MorganFriend
that fixed it, thanks. I see the way that's being interpreted is that when the None choice is selected, then the invisible text box on the script task allows you to type in anything. But when the JBoss selection is taken, then the text box becomes a drop down restricted to the Java and Mvel choices JBoss understands. Makes sense to me now, thanks.
Re: Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown [message #964581 is a reply to message #964438] Tue, 30 October 2012 16:30 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Kewl. This seems to be confusing a lot of users so I've added a New File Wizard to the "BPMN2" category named "New jBPM Process File". This wizard also sets the project to use the jBPM5 runtime onfiguration. This new feature will be available in the next service release.

Thanks for your continued testing! Smile
Bob
Previous Topic:Set is Default for a Gatway
Next Topic:Developer Guide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:09:16 GMT 2024