Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7
SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #957764] Thu, 25 October 2012 13:21 Go to next message
Christian Niessner is currently offline Christian NiessnerFriend
Hi Forum-Readers,

i'm maintaining a JavaWS application using SWT for our company for quite a while now. I have reports that it stopped to work on Apple OSX computers, so i started digging into it.

It seems Apple has dropped their own Java 1.6 implementation and Oracle's Java 7 is now installed by default. An here the misery begins...

My app started to report the known "***WARNING: Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions. / org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access" issue. Okay, it seems that -XstartOnFirstThread works for Apple's 1.6 but not for Oracle's java 7?

After digging into it i found out that Oracle's implementation didn't do a restart with -XstartOnFirstThread during javaws init. The cause was that i've dropped signing the application's jnlp file due to some issues on the Microsoft platform. Don't care, i signed it again and next try - and i got one step further:

Java is now restarted with -XstartOnFirstThread, but then everything freezes up. It seems there is a massive problem bringing up the AWT/Swing subsystem because javaws launcher is sitting on the main thread and AWT also want's the main thread because of the same cause we want it for SWT...

My next try was to add an additional -Djava.awt.headless=true parameter, and at least everything comes up into my app - but i'm dying on the "Invalid thread access" issue again. I think the javaws starter or maybe AWT is still fooling around with the threads...

BTW: i just tried it with swt-4.2.1.

Anyone out there having the same issue or idea's what else i can try?

Thanks & Bye,
Chris

Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #957949 is a reply to message #957764] Thu, 25 October 2012 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All,

it was simpler than i thought...

During my research i stumbled over com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch.getInstance().getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor() mentioned in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=303869 . But I left it beside because i expected that this is a proprietary extension introduced by Apple in there own JDK, but it's also available in Oracle's JDK. So, putting the SWT eventloop into the main thread via com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch works.

I removed the -XstartOnFirstThread from my jnlp-files. But it seems that the restart is necessary to get things working, so i left a dummy define entry over to have java restarting during javaws init.

Maybe somebody finds a solution how to get it working without the restart. But for now i have a prototype that works for me on Oracle's 1.7.0_09 as well as Apple's 1.6.0_37.

I hope this helps somebody who also stumbling over this issue...

Bye,
Chris
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #976812 is a reply to message #957949] Thu, 08 November 2012 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan McReynolds is currently offline Dylan McReynoldsFriend
So, to clarify, you did end up putting the com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch.getInstance().getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor() code in to get it to work?

We have an application that is delivered to a variety of desktops. Not really looking forward to adding apple-specific code into our initialization.
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977627 is a reply to message #957764] Fri, 09 November 2012 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Mising name is currently offline Matt Mising nameFriend
Can you share how you got this to work please? Smile
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977638 is a reply to message #976812] Fri, 09 November 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

what i did to make it 'platform independent' is to handle the apple-specific stuff via reflection. I collected the relevant parts here to show you the idea who i solved it:

boolean isAppleOSX = System.getProperty("os.name").equals("Mac OS X");
if (isAppleOSX)) {
	//com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch.getInstance().getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor().execute(threadRunner);
	Class<?> comAppleConcurrentDispatch = Class.forName("com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch");
	Method getInstance = comAppleConcurrentDispatch.getMethod("getInstance", (Class<?>[])null);
	Object dispatchInstance = getInstance.invoke(null,(Object[])null);
	Method getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor = dispatchInstance.getClass().getMethod("getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor", (Class<?>[])null);
	Executor executor = (Executor) getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor.invoke(dispatchInstance, (Object[]) null);
	executor.execute(new Runnable() {
		public void run() {
			try {
				app.open();
			} catch (Throwable t) {
				// insert your error handling here
			}			
	});
} else {
	app.open();
}

I hope this also helps to solve your issue Wink

Bye,
Chris
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977678 is a reply to message #977638] Fri, 09 November 2012 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aha! That's exactly the way I was trying to do this, but using JNLP, it seems the runnable is never executed. Was there anything special you had to add into the JNLP?

Really appreciate your reply, thanks Smile
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977679 is a reply to message #977638] Fri, 09 November 2012 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aha! That's exactly the way I was trying to do this, but using JNLP, it seems the runnable is never executed. Was there anything special you had to add into the JNLP?

Really appreciate your reply, thanks Smile
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977694 is a reply to message #957764] Fri, 09 November 2012 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it the "define entry" in the JNLP you talk about above?
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977705 is a reply to message #977694] Fri, 09 November 2012 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matt,

oh, the JNLP - didn't note that.

I just inserted a <property name="..." value="..."> defined in <resources os="Mac OS X" arch="..."> to have java doing another restart-cycle during initialization.

The OSX part from my jnlp looks like:

<resources os="Mac OS X" arch="x86_64">
                <property name="apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar" value="true"/>
                <property name="apple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz" value="true"/>
                <jar href="swt/swt-4.2.1-macosx-x86_64.jar" />
        </resources>

<resources os="Mac OS X" arch="x86">
                <property name="apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar" value="true"/>
                <property name="apple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz" value="true"/>
                <jar href="swt/swt-4.2.1-macosx-x86.jar" />
        </resources>

both properties seem to be irrelevant for current versions of SWT, but i left them because they trigger the additional restart.

Don't forget to sign the app include the JNLP or java 7 won't do the restart Wink

Bye,
Chris
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #977930 is a reply to message #977638] Fri, 09 November 2012 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for this!

I'm trying to modify this for an RCP application.

For some reason, the Executor does not seem to want to call the runnable. I'll post again when I've figured this out.

Cheers
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #982056 is a reply to message #977694] Mon, 12 November 2012 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have made some progress in my RCP application. Inside my implementation of IApplication.start(), I have (ignore the sloppy error handling for now):

if (SystemHelpers.isOSMac()) {
        private boolean isDisplayBuilt = false;
	try {
		try {
			Class<?> comAppleConcurrentDispatch = Class.forName("com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch");
			Method getInstance = comAppleConcurrentDispatch.getMethod("getInstance", (Class<?>[]) null);
			Object dispatchInstance = getInstance.invoke(null, (Object[]) null);
			Method getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor = dispatchInstance.getClass().getMethod("getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor",(Class<?>[]) null);
			Executor executor = (Executor) getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor.invoke(dispatchInstance, (Object[]) null);
				public void run() {
					try {
						if (display == null) {
							display = PlatformUI.createDisplay();
							PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(display,
									new MyWorkbenchAdvisor()); //my implementation of WorkbenchAdvisor
							isDisplayBuilt = true;
						}
					} catch (Throwable t) {
						//log error
					}
				}
			});
		} catch (Throwable t) {
			//log error
		}

SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(new Runnable() {

@Override
			public void run() {
				while (isDisplayBuilt == false) {
					try {
						Thread.sleep(100);
					} catch (InterruptedException e) {
						//log error
					}
				}
			}

});

} catch (Throwable t) {
		//log error
	}

Putting the AWT EventQueue thread to sleep was a pretty brutal way to go, but it was the only way I could figure out to wait to get the Display object initialized and b) get the non-blocking main queue executor to actually fire the run method.

But now I'm up against the next issue, which is that my application also uses the AWT_SWT bridge. The first time I try and get an AWT/Swing class running, I get the following:

(AppKit Thread) A org.eclipse.swt.SWTError object with a message of:
        org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: Not implemented (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: apple.awt.CEmbeddedFrame)
was generated in the following call stack:
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)
        at org.eclipse.swt.awt.SWT_AWT.new_Frame(SWT_AWT.java:145)
        at com.lspeed.workbench.AstoriaNavigatorWindowAdvisor.prepareModalFrame(AstoriaNavigatorWindowAdvisor.java:416)
        at com.lspeed.workbench.AstoriaNavigatorWindowAdvisor.createWindowContents(AstoriaNavigatorWindowAdvisor.java:325)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.createContents(WorkbenchWindow.java:1016)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$22.runWithException(Workbench.java:1208)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3593)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3286)
        at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$31.runWithException(Workbench.java:1567)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4240)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1562)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2567)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at com.lspeed.workbench.AstoriaNavigatorApp$1.run(AstoriaNavigatorApp.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: apple.awt.CEmbeddedFrame
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
        at org.eclipse.swt.awt.SWT_AWT.new_Frame(SWT_AWT.java:140)
        ... 25 more
due to the following cause:

This appears to come down to the reported bug in OpenJDK: http://www.java.net/forum/topic/jdk/java-se-snapshots-project-feedback/eclipse-swtawt-bridge-broken-mac-os-x-openjdk-7u4ea

I think I'm stuck there.
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #986215 is a reply to message #982056] Mon, 19 November 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Dylan,

sorry for the late reply, it seems i've missed the notification about your post.

I also had the issue with not starting the main thread via com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch as long as the JRE was not relaunched during JavaWS-Initialization. I enabled 'tracing' and 'logging' from java preferences and when it works right, you'll find two trace files in Library/Application Support/Oracle/Java/Deployment/log/javaws....trace for each application launch. The first one only tells that JRE is restarted and the second one does the 'real work'.

Look for lines like:
basic: DefaultMatchJRE: 
  JREDesc:    JREDesc[version 0+, heap=-1--1, args=null, sel=true, com.sun.javaws.jnl.ResourcesDesc@5956ca9f, null]
  JREInfo:    JREInfo for index 0:
    platform is: 1.7
    product is: 1.7.0_09
    location is: ht tp:// java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se
    path is: /Library/Internet Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
    args is: null
    native platform is: Mac OS X, x86_64 [ x86_64, 64bit ]
    JavaFX runtime is: JavaFX 2.2.3 found at /Library/Internet Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/
    enabled is: true
    registered is: true
    system is: true

Init Heap:  -1
  Max  Heap:  67108864
  Satisfying: false, true
  SatisfyingVersion: true
  SatisfyingJVMArgs: false, true
  SatisfyingSecure: false
  Selected JVMParam: [JVMParameters: isSecure: false, args: -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true -Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=true]
  Running  JVMParam: [JVMParameters: isSecure: true, args: ]
temp: Convert image: /Volumes/data/marvin/Library/Application Support/Oracle/Java/Deployment/cache/6.0/1/1dee1481-26720c99->/Volumes/data/user/Library/Application Support/Oracle/Java/Deployment/cache/6.0/1/1dee1481-26720c99.icns
basic: Saving session state to /var/folders/j_/403v_c_s3zzg5yrb2397fs240000gp/T/session7806841378132485821
================
basic: Launching new JRE version: JREInfo for index 0:   <---- LOOK for this!
    platform is: 1.7
    product is: 1.7.0_09
    location is: http:/ /java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se
    path is: /Library/Internet Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
    args is: null
    native platform is: Mac OS X, x86_64 [ x86_64, 64bit ]
    JavaFX runtime is: JavaFX 2.2.3 found at /Library/Internet Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/
    enabled is: true
    registered is: true
    system is: true

basic:   jvmParams: [JVMParameters: isSecure: false, args: -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true -Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=true] <---- LOOK for this!

The idea to use SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait() could be quite interesting. I think Swing and AWT also want to use the first thread for the UI - so i think code started with SwingUtils.invokeAndWait() also could run on the right thread - have you tried to start your SWT app via SwingUtils.invokeAndWait()?

And for your issue with concurrently using AWT besides SWT: We don't use AWT in our app, so we didn't have issues yet - and all I say is guessed. Besides solfing your ClassNotFoundException issue, i think you also need to call the AWT and Swing event handlers from your main loop. All GUI activity on OSX has to be done from the first thread launched by an app - so all Toolkits need to be served from the same thread...

Maybe it might be worth having a look how things are managed by a offline app started with -XstartOnFirstThread - As far as i know concurrent AWT / Swing / SWT is possible here, so there has to be some kind of a 'master loop' calling SWT, AWT and Swing event handlers from first thread...

Hope this brings you further,

Bye,
Chris
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #998868 is a reply to message #986215] Thu, 10 January 2013 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris,

Thanks. I hadn't thought of starting up the app from the AWT thread...that's quite an interesting idea. Perhaps more graceful than putting it to sleep while waiing for the Dispatch Executor to get around to launching. I'll play with that when I've recovered from the next big blocker.

Just for posterity (if anyone else is reading this) it looks like SWT_AWT is still broken in Java 7 as of Update 10. The OpenJDK developers have provided a patch for Java 7 and Java 8 and SWT_AWT that depends on a new class, sun.lwat.macosx.CViewEmbeddedFrame. It would be pretty easy to patch SWT_AWT myself, I think, but I would want to wait until the new class and its dependencies have been delivered in OpenJDK.
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #1244968 is a reply to message #998868] Thu, 13 February 2014 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Anecito is currently offline Tony AnecitoFriend
I decided to give up on SWT on the Mac and the PC. Seems Oracle has decided not to support it and Eclipse SWT group seems powerless to do anything about it. With JavaFX and WebView there is no need for SWT anymore. With Java 8 soon to be released and improvements to JavaFX it closes the door on Eclipse and other SWT based projects. Customers have given up on SWT and its browser to work on the Mac. I really liked SWT browser and how it was architected but customers do not care for that they just want an app. I would highly recommend Eclipse to move away from SWT and put the browser in say a JPanel or even a JavaFX component. It is time to put the SWT out to pasture and focus on more modern look and newer Java GUI. Thanks Chris for your hard work but if Oracle and Eclipse can not resolve thier differences then time to move on to other solutions no matter how much we do not like them.
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #1315176 is a reply to message #977638] Fri, 25 April 2014 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Adamson is currently offline Peter AdamsonFriend
writeToLogFile("main() 0");
Executor executor = null;
String osName = System.getProperty("os.name");
writeToLogFile("main() 1 " + osName);
boolean isAppleOSX = osName.startsWith("Mac");
if (isAppleOSX) {
			//com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch.getInstance().getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor().execute(threadRunner);
	try{
		Method getInstance = comAppleConcurrentDispatch.getMethod("getInstance", (Class<?>[])null);
		Object dispatchInstance = getInstance.invoke(null,(Object[])null);
		Method getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor = dispatchInstance.getClass().getMethod("getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor", (Class<?>[])null);
		executor = (Executor) getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor.invoke(dispatchInstance, (Object[]) null);
	}catch(Exception e){writeToLogFile("main() 1 " + e.toString());}
	writeToLogFile("main() 2");
		public void run() {
			try {
				writeToLogFile("main() 3");
				runApp();
			} catch (Exception e) {
				writeToLogFile("main() 3 " + e.toString());
			}
		}
	});
writeToLogFile("main() 4");
} else {
	runApp();
}

I implemented this, and placed output to a log file and to the console as you can see. All of the Executor code executes without throwing any Exceptions, but the app behaves as though the Runnable object did not exist. The log file entries all appear except number 3. The runnable does not run.

Any thoughts as to why this would happen?
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #1703649 is a reply to message #1315176] Mon, 03 August 2015 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al Bundy is currently offline Al BundyFriend
Has someone solved this problem?
My rcp webstart won't launch because if the "display must be created in main thread" - error.

I'll try the dispatch class but why are you using getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor?
Wouldn't it be better to use getBlockingMainQueueExecutor?
Both methods have a comment: Runnables submitted to this {@link Executor} will not run until the AWT is started or another native toolkit is running a CFRunLoop or NSRunLoop on the main thread

But when is swt"runing"?
I need this executor to start swt. Smile
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #1798266 is a reply to message #957764] Wed, 14 November 2018 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found a working solution - the trick seems to be to initialize awt before switching the thread.
On issue: I can not go to fullscreen. :-/

import java.awt.Toolkit;
import java.lang.reflect.Method;
import java.util.concurrent.Callable;
import java.util.concurrent.Executor;
import java.util.concurrent.FutureTask;
import java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit;
import java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler;
import java.util.logging.FileHandler;
import java.util.logging.Level;
import java.util.logging.Logger;
import java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter;

import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell;

public class SWTTest
{
  private static void log(final Object theMessage)
  {
    log(theMessage, null);
  }

private static void log(final Object theMessage, final Throwable theError)
  {
    System.out.println("" + theMessage);
    if (theError != null)
      theError.printStackTrace(System.err);
    Logger.getLogger("webstart_test").log(Level.INFO, "" + theMessage, theError);
  }

public static void main(String[] args)
    throws Exception
  {
    final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("webstart_test");
    final FileHandler logfile = new FileHandler("%h/webstart_test.log");
    final ConsoleHandler console = new ConsoleHandler();
    logfile.setFormatter(new SimpleFormatter());
    console.setFormatter(new SimpleFormatter());
    logger.addHandler(logfile);
    logger.addHandler(console);
    log("start");
    String osName = System.getProperty("os.name");
    log("OS: " + osName);
    if (!osName.startsWith("Mac") && !osName.startsWith("Darwin"))
    {
      SWTTest.run();
    }
    else
    {
      try
      {
        Class<?> _c = Class.forName("com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch");
        final Method _get_instance = _c.getMethod("getInstance", null);
        final Object _instance = _get_instance.invoke(null, null);
        final Method _get_executor = _instance.getClass().getMethod("getNonBlockingMainQueueExecutor", null);
        final Executor _executor = (Executor) _get_executor.invoke(_instance, null);
        Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit();
        final FutureTask<Void> _f = new FutureTask<Void>(new Callable<Void>()
        {
          /**
           * {@inheritDoc}
           */
          @Override
          public Void call()
              throws Exception
          {
            log("Los gehts...");
            SWTTest.run();
            log("app fertig");
            return null;
          }
        });
        _executor.execute(_f);
        _f.get();
        TimeUnit.SECONDS.sleep(5);
        log("main fertig");
      }
      catch (final Throwable _e)
      {
        log(_e.getMessage(), _e);
      }
    }
  }

private static void run()
  {
    try
    {
      log("creating display");
      final Display display = new Display();
      final Shell shell = new Shell(display);
      shell.setText("Hello, world!");
      shell.open();

while (!shell.isDisposed())
      {
        if (!display.readAndDispatch())
          display.sleep();
      }

display.dispose();
    }
    catch (Exception _e)
    {
      log(_e.getMessage(), _e);
    }
    finally
    {
      log("bye....");
    }
  }
}

Attention: com.apple.concurrent.Dispatch was removed in Java 9 - so this seems to work only in java 8.
Or get the classes from: https://github.com/openjdk-mirror/jdk7u-jdk/tree/master/src/macosx/classes/com/apple/concurrent

Al
Re: SWT in Java WebStart App stopped working on OSX after upgrading to Java 7 [message #1798267 is a reply to message #957764] Wed, 14 November 2018 17:32 Go to previous message
posted twice...

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2018 17:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Hard crash when opening browser
Next Topic:Focus problem on Mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:27 GMT 2024