Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » SplitBox vs SequenceBox
SplitBox vs SequenceBox [message #957426] Thu, 25 October 2012 08:07 Go to next message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
In the SplitBox page mentioned that "The difference between the SequenceBox and the SplitBox is that the users can make a field smaller or bigger"

It seems to me that we cannot compare the two boxes.

The main goal of SplitBox is to implement a Sash or JSplitPane, in contrary of SequenceBox where its main goal is to implement a sequence of values such as from - to.

If my understanding is correct, then we should correct the documentation.

The above comment i tried to write it as discussion on page http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/SequenceBox but i am not sure how eclipsepedia is working, so i duplicated it here for advise of best practices on eclipsepedia.

Re: SplitBox vs SequenceBox [message #957610 is a reply to message #957426] Thu, 25 October 2012 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thank you for your Post.

I am not sure that someone from the Scout team is monitoring the Discussion Tabs of the Scout Wikipage. So it is a good idea to discuss your point in the forum.

As you probably have noticed, there is a lot of work to improve the documentation of Eclipse Scout. Putting everything in the Wiki, allows doing some crowdsourcing. Even a small modification put the project nearer to the goal.

Do not hesitate to be part of it!

I have read this on a Mylyn project page [1]:
Quote:
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

In my opinion this applies also to the Scout Wiki.

There are a lot of other publication platforms, if more control is wanted. For example GitHub could be used to write some "reviewed/official" documentation. In this case, each pull request is checked before being integrated to the project. The same apply for modification of Javadoc. If you want to modify something, you need to propose a patch.

Like in every wiki, at Eclipsepedia post-publication review should be the rule. You are free to help, and to propose your correction.

As for the difference betwenn SplitBox and SequenceBox, I think you understood it correctly. In my opininon the "children" of a SplitBox are often other GroupBox.

Here some screenshots of an example:
index.php/fa/12045/0/

index.php/fa/12046/0/

Feel free to edit the == Description == sections of:
* http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/SplitBox
* http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/SequenceBox

If you see something wrong, inaccurate or hard to understand, you can correct it. It will probably help others.

[1] Mylyn wiki page
Re: SplitBox vs SequenceBox [message #958626 is a reply to message #957610] Fri, 26 October 2012 05:06 Go to previous message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
Thanks for your encourangment and also help for the screenshots which i am sure that they will be helpfull on the wiki. Soon i will update the pages for SplitBox and SequenceBox.

My english are lousy and my knowledge of Scout too, so i will keep the forum informed, if someone would like to review them.

Previous Topic:A new chapter for the Minicrm tutorial
Next Topic:Eclipse Scout Mobile / Browser Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:03:58 GMT 2024