Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Exception on first connection attempt to GitHub
Exception on first connection attempt to GitHub [message #956811] Wed, 24 October 2012 20:37 Go to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de SousaFriend
Dear all,

I'm trying to create a new repository at GitHub following the manual. I already did the first steps at GitHub, but when I try the remote push I'm getting this error during the first connection attempt:

Quote:
Cannot get remote repository refs.

Reason:
Exception caught during execution of ls-remote command

I already verified all my keys after the March issue so I don't have much explanation for this. My specs: Eclipse 3.7.1 with EGit 1.3.0.

Thank you for reading.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2012 18:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception on first connection attempt to GitHub [message #959467 is a reply to message #956811] Fri, 26 October 2012 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

Today I created a new repo at GitHub and successfully pushed there a dummy project from the command line. Whatever is the issue, it seems solely related to GitHub.

Regards.
Re: Exception on first connection attempt to GitHub [message #960118 is a reply to message #959467] Sat, 27 October 2012 07:28 Go to previous message
It happens Eclipse needs to have the GIT_SSH environment variable poiting to the ssh bin in order to connect to GitHub. In my case I had to include this in /etc/environment (Ubuntu):

GIT_SSH=/usr/bin/ssh

You have to adapted this to your system.

Thank you for reading.
Previous Topic:EGit and symbolic links
Next Topic:symlinks under git repository are tagged for removal at each commit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:23:42 GMT 2024