Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Out of memory(Out of memory error serveral times a day.)
Out of memory [message #956636] Wed, 24 October 2012 17:33 Go to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
I'm getting an "Out of memory..." error several times a day when executing an application in the IDE. This causes the IDE to close each time. After restarting, I can test again for awhile before it fails again.

Is there something I'm missing about cleaning up memory while testing applications in the IDE?

I'm running windows 7 jre 6.
Re: Out of memory [message #963004 is a reply to message #956636] Mon, 29 October 2012 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Bob,

Does there seem to be a pattern to the set of steps that causes the out of memory error? (i.e. it occurs each time you invoke wizard X)

Are you creating an EGL Rich UI application? If so, does the issue still occur if you change the browser being used in the Preview pane or Design pane? (Window->Preferences->EGL->Rich UI-> Appearance -> Render Engine). Also, if you are you creating many widgets in your application, you will need to destroy the widgets that are no longer being used. More information on this topic can be found in the following thread - http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/883394/

-Brian
Re: Out of memory [message #963309 is a reply to message #963004] Mon, 29 October 2012 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This seems to be more related to the amount of changes and testing that I'm doing. I've developed a RUI Handler that has several RUI Widgets. As I make changes to the widgets or Handler I will test the change. After doing this for awhile(I'm not sure how may times I've iterated), it will seem to hang up (may also show some unexpected results on the screen) and then I get an error for out of memory.
Re: Out of memory [message #963320 is a reply to message #963309] Mon, 29 October 2012 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Brian

I'm looking at the link you supplied and this looks like it may be my problem. Give me some time to try and understand what's happening since I do communicate between widgets using the infobus.

Thanks

Bob
Re: Out of memory [message #963371 is a reply to message #963320] Mon, 29 October 2012 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Brian

I've looked at the link you provided. However, I'm not sure if this is part of my problem.

All of the testing I'm doing is within the IDE using the internal browser. When I'm ready to retest, I just return to preview mode for the parent handler and then refresh the page. I'm assuming that this will restart the page and all references to the old page and related widgets will be removed and garbage collection will take place automatically. Am I wrong here?

Thanks

Bob
Re: Out of memory [message #963722 is a reply to message #963371] Tue, 30 October 2012 02:00 Go to previous message
Hi, Brian

After changing the rendering engine to firefox and doing some modifications with testing, I recieved the error "Internal Error. No more handles [could not detect registered XULRunner to use]". I then get the "An SWT error has occurred. ...". I had to go back to the Explorer version to get it to preview. Apparently there is something wrong with my set up or something when trying to use another engine.

Bob
Previous Topic:IBM i persistent connections
Next Topic:Birt & Email samples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:07:11 GMT 2024