Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » CSS style for Minimize/Maximize ToolBar?
CSS style for Minimize/Maximize ToolBar? [message #956047] Wed, 24 October 2012 07:41 Go to next message
Valerio Santinelli is currently offline Valerio SantinelliFriend
Hello,

is there anyone who can help me finding out what's the name of the class to style in the CSS to change the appearance of the minimize/maximize box of parts?

Thanks!
Re: CSS style for Minimize/Maximize ToolBar? [message #956308 is a reply to message #956047] Wed, 24 October 2012 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
What kind of changes do you want to do? The icons are generated programmatically in the CTabFolderRenderer classes; you can replace this class with the swt-tab-renderer property. The height of the tab can be set by the swt-tab-height property, though I think this is only supported by the E4 custom CTabRendering tab renderer, and not the stock tab renderer.

The properties and interpretations supported by the stock and custom E4 TA renderer is confusing. I've been writing up some documentation, but it's still not quite ready. Sorry.

Brian.
Re: CSS style for Minimize/Maximize ToolBar? [message #956333 is a reply to message #956308] Wed, 24 October 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply Brian.
Basically all I need to do is change the background color from that standard grey to a gradient color.
I checked out the e4 contacts app from the Eclipse repository and it suffers the exact same problem. Everything else gets skinned, except for those boxes.

For the time being I managed to hide them but I'd rather skin them than get them out of the way completely. And even if I can hide those, I still get the ones in the Progress view that have the same grey color so that's not really a solution.

On top of that, the tabs like the ones in the editor suffer the same behavior. You can skin them but there's a small corner on the top left that doesn't get the background color and is still grey. I'm posting a screenshot of my views to show you the problem.

Do you think that with the custom tab render I can get away with it or is it just a loss of time going down that way?

index.php/fa/12033/0/
Re: CSS style for Minimize/Maximize ToolBar? [message #956498 is a reply to message #956333] Wed, 24 October 2012 15:05 Go to previous message
Thanks to Brian I managed to solve this problem. The real problem is that I was applying the theme programmatically through the IThemeManager and, for some unknown reason, the correct CSS styles weren't applied.

I moved on to using the extension point and setting the cssTheme property to the id of my theme and it started working correctly.
Previous Topic:Fitting text in button
Next Topic:How to restore WorkingSets in a View in Eclipse 4?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:33:11 GMT 2024