Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Limit to modularization and referencing?(question about how deep we can use modules and referencing)
Limit to modularization and referencing? [message #954716] Tue, 23 October 2012 07:38 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
I created a module A with three test steps. This module A has two referenced parameters that are set in a referenced Excel Data File. I then create another module B, that uses A. Module B has additional referenced parameters that are set in a referenced Excel Data File. I then include module B in a Test Case C. But it seems module A's Excel Data File reference cannot be set or is not being set by B. When I try to run the Test Case C, I get the error message:

7009: Test Execution Error.
No supported file type "C:\Users\mylocal\jubulaWorkspace\=MODULEAPATH" was choosen as data source.

using references and modules works fine but it seems for only 1 level depth of modules. Is there a way to go deeper?
Re: Limit to modularization and referencing? [message #954838 is a reply to message #954716] Tue, 23 October 2012 09:40 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There shouldn't be any limit to how many levels you can reference. If A and B run successfully on their own, then they should run correctly when used together. To ensure that it's not a version / format problem with Excel, you could use a central data set (actually, this is a generally good idea anyway).

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec doesn't replace text
Next Topic:Identifying windows API window(#32770) window in RCP Application.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:50:26 GMT 2024