Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries
Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #954579] Tue, 23 October 2012 05:00 Go to next message
Florian Kammermann is currently offline Florian KammermannFriend
When I build the ipp-portal.war with the following build command:
mvn -f product/components-pom.xml -Pipp-build -Dbuild.tools.home=[build.tools] install
from the source and deploy it, I become the following Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/context/ApplicationContextException

It looks like the spring libraries are not included in the war.

I have only the following libraries in the WEB-INF/lib:
spring-web-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-webmvc-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2012 05:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #991147 is a reply to message #954579] Mon, 17 December 2012 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Rottstock is currently offline Sven RottstockFriend
Hi Florian,

in the meantime we have provided a Maven archetype which creates a deployable web archive for Tomcat. For this you have to update your Git repositories and include the new deploy.jee repository. After that you should start a local build how it is described here.

A new web project can be created by the following commands:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=tc6-ipp-portal-war -DarchetypeVersion=9.9.9-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=your.groupId -DartifactId=stardust-ipp-portal -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -s [build.tools.home]/conf/m2/settings.xml
cd stardust-ipp-portal
mvn -s [build.tools.home]/conf/m2/settings.xml dependency:unpack
mvn -s [build.tools.home]/conf/m2/settings.xml package

The first three commands creates a Spring based Maven web project. The last mvn package command creates the web archive (located in ipp-portal/target) which can be directly deployed into Tomcat.

Best Regards,
Sven
Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1032488 is a reply to message #991147] Wed, 03 April 2013 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gudrun Koko is currently offline Gudrun KokoFriend
Hi

I tried the above suggested mvn command to generate a new web project but I am getting an error for command

mvn -s /home/stardust/stardust_build/build.tools/conf/m2/settings.xml dependency:unpack

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] The project org.eclipse.stardust:stardust-ipp-portal-ipp-portal:1.0-SNAPSHOT (/home/stardust/stardust_build/stardust-ipp-portal/ipp-portal/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.rtenv:tomcat60-ipp-portal-war:pom:9.9.9-SNAPSHOT @ line 26, column 22 -> [Help 2]

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Gudrun

Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1032905 is a reply to message #1032488] Wed, 03 April 2013 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Gudrun,

if you realy need to build Stardust yourself then we can look into this. However, if you only want to give it a test drive then you could use the Kepler milestone build:
The prepackaged Kepler M6 is avalable for download here: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.3M6-201303141330/
Then you can use the Kepler M6 update site to add Stardust to it:
][http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/201303220900]

Does is help or would you rather with your own build?

Best regards

Robert
Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1033005 is a reply to message #1032488] Wed, 03 April 2013 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Made below changes to my /home/stardust/stardust_build/stardust-ipp-portal/ipp-portal/pom.xml

dependency:unpack and package mvn commands did complete successfully then.

Changed
<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.rtenv</groupId>
<artifactId>tomcat60-ipp-portal-war</artifactId>
<version>${ipp.version}</version>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>import</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.rtenv</groupId>
<artifactId>tomcat60-ipp-portal-war</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>
To
<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.archetypes</groupId>
<artifactId>tc6-ipp-portal-war</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>import</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.archetypes</groupId>
<artifactId>tc6-ipp-portal-war</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>
Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1033026 is a reply to message #1033005] Wed, 03 April 2013 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About needing to build Stardust I assume this is the only way I can obtain a WAR file for STARDUST that can be deployed to a development server with tomcat installed and later to a production server.

I am also checking out the suggested RAD developer setup but found that application type Camel is not a default application type and requires additional configuration which I am investigating. Found following references (both for infinity however):
com.infinity.bpm.docs.camel/html/camel/developer-setup.htm
com.infinity.bpm.docs.camel/html/camel/toc.html

If I need to take a different route let me know.

Thanks
Gudrun
Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1033419 is a reply to message #1033026] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Rottstock is currently offline Sven RottstockFriend
Hi,

the above mentioned commands are not 100% correct because you have to provide the build.tools.home property for each mvn execution if you're using the Maven settings file of [build.tools.home]/conf/m2/settings.xml. This was also described in the Wiki. Here are the correct commands now:
mvn -s [build.tools.home]/conf/m2/settings.xml -Dbuild.tools.home=[build_tools_home] dependency:unpack
mvn -s [build.tools.home]/conf/m2/settings.xml -Dbuild.tools.home=[build_tools_home] package

To keep it as simple as possible you can also use the official builds. For this you have to add the following settings/repositories in your Maven settings file (it should be located in your user home folder below of the .m2 directory)

<servers>
    <server>
      <id>stardust-3rdparty-repo</id>
      <username>stardust.contributor</username>
      <password>\{DESede\}BKab8uCs+3KRLHy/l2AeHQ==</password>
    </server>
</servers>
<profiles>
   <profile>
      <id>stardust-eclipse</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>stardust-releases</id>
          <url>http://download.eclipse.org/stardust/maven/releases</url>
          <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </releases>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>stardust-snapshots</id>
          <url>http://download.eclipse.org/stardust/maven/snapshots</url>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>central</id>
          <name>Central PlugIn Repository</name>
          <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
      <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
          <id>central-plugin</id>
          <name>Central PlugIn Repository</name>
          <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
        </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>
</profiles>

After this you can create a Maven project which can be used to assemble a web archive:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.eclipse.stardust.deploy.jee.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=tc6-ipp-portal-war -DarchetypeVersion=0.7.1-RC5-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=your.group -DartifactId=stardust-portal -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
cd stardust-portal
mvn dependency:unpack

Please note that 0.7.1-RC5-SNAPSHOT is the latest build which is based on Helios. Because of the fact that it is a snapshot version this can be changed in future (unfortunately we have no real releases as we're still in the incubation phase).
Now you can create a web archive with the following command:
mvn package

You'll find the deployment in the target folder of your project.

BTW: We'll create a Wiki page soon how describes to setup a web archive with help of the archetypes. IMO this is very helpful for other contributors etc too if they don't want to use the Eclipse plugins to create such a deployment.

Cheers,
Sven
Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1033502 is a reply to message #1033026] Thu, 04 April 2013 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Gudrun,

the mvn config Sven described above worked for me. This will create you a tomcat 6 WAR via Maven.

Another option, if you have a RAD envirnment based on Kepler M6 already running, is to
- right-click your RAD project,
- select "Export..."
- expand "Web" and select "WAR file"

This will export the project contents in the right structure to a WAR file. The contents is the same as if you publish to the embedded tomcat server.

Best Regards

Robert
Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1034014 is a reply to message #1033502] Thu, 04 April 2013 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Which one of these two approaches would allow me to get the Camel application type configured in Stardust on tomcat (for developer and on server) given that everything is a bit in flux ?

At the moment I assume I need an additional archetype. The "previous" Infinity archetype was isb_ipp_war I believe.

However, maybe all this begs the question will the Camel application type be available as part of the Eclipse Stardust offering.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Gudrun

Re: Error while deploying ipp-portal.war, spring libraries [message #1053850 is a reply to message #1034014] Tue, 07 May 2013 21:20 Go to previous message
Hi

As a novice I tried both approaches. Result: both worked for my Demo server setup - (linux, tomcat, derby)

1. Kepler Stardust RAD created WAR file
2. WAR file built using existing archetype for Helios IPP/Stardust version

1. About Kepler RAD created WAR file:

I was able to create and deploy a Kepler RAD created Stardust WAR file to a tomcat server installed on a Linux desktop vm.

Only real hurdle I had to overcome was to set up the embedded derby db as a standalone db and make appropriate
config file changes to connect to the db. Essentially I now have a demo linux server for Stardust running on tomcat and derby db.
(Better don't forget to change CARNOT.MODEL_REQUIRED to FALSE in WEB-INF/web.xml for this approach)

Reason for the workaround was that the directory path for the embedded db contained spaces - something that did not work using Kepler RAD installed on linux. I ended up installing Kepler RAD on Windows, exported the embedded db using ddlutil and imported it on my Demo server running Linux. Maybe the directory path should be changed ?

The Eclipse Cheat Sheets were a great help to get started with developing business processes.

Hoping that Stardust 1.0 will come out this summer with an initial set of archetypes for building (including tomcat,mysql,Camel integrated) or similar setup solution.

2. About WAR file built using existing archetype for Helios IPP version

I was able to build a WAR file for -DarchetypeArtifactId=tc6-ipp-portal-war and add Camel "ISB"-specific Maven Dependencies

I found this IPP/Stardust and Camel deployment option to be referred to as: "Embedding Camel in a Standard dynamic web project containing IPP facet".

Cheers,
Gudrun
Previous Topic:How to start and log into the Admin Portal
Next Topic:Business Process Monitoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:25:55 GMT 2024