Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » JET2 Tools broken in Juno and Keppler(Eclipse Tooling break)
icon8.gif  JET2 Tools broken in Juno and Keppler [message #954515] Tue, 23 October 2012 03:44 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I have installed the M2T Jet2 SDK 1.1.1. from the update site at
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/updates/releases/
into Juno and Keppler. The install passes without issue. I can validate that the features are installed in the about dialog. However,

1. The New->Project->Java Emitter Project selection is unavailable
  2. The project properties do not show the JET properties panel
  3. The Run Configurations Panel does not detect jet Transformations, so they cannot be testes

This renders JET2 unusable for practical purposes.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a known fix?

This is a blocker, so help is appreciated.
Re: JET2 Tools broken in Juno and Keppler [message #955063 is a reply to message #954515] Tue, 23 October 2012 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Elder is currently offline Paul ElderFriend
Jorn:

The good news is that JET2 1.1.1 does work. I just downloaded and installed it into a new Eclipse 4.2.1, and ran it through some smoke tests.

Here is what I think is happening. The update site includes a "JET Capabilities" feature, which I suspect you installed. This feature was a requirement of one of the previous release trains, but the whole idea of releasing a capabilities feature (which restricts the visibility of features until the user requests them) was not well thought out, as it also requires the co-operation of the host product, and none of the Eclipse downloads provide that co-operation.

If you have the JET Capabilities feature installed, you can see the JET new project wizard by File > New > Project, then checking Show All Wizards. If you then select JET Transformation Project, and click Next, you will be prompted to enable the JET Development capability. Click OK. At that point, all the JET UI should be available.

Alternatively, you can uninstall the JET Capabilities:
1) Click Help > About
2) Click Installation Details
3) Find and select JET Capabilities
4) Click Uninstall, follow the wizard, and restart when prompted.

Paul

Re: JET2 Tools broken in Juno and Keppler [message #963807 is a reply to message #955063] Tue, 30 October 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eban Escott is currently offline Eban EscottFriend
Hi Paul, I am seeing the same problem and this fixed it.

Thanks
Eban
Re: JET2 Tools broken in Juno and Keppler [message #972842 is a reply to message #954515] Mon, 05 November 2012 23:21 Go to previous message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

Thanks for the fix!!! Any chance to fix the JET2 assembly with some P2 instructions that get rid of this behavior or make a release that addresses 4.x or include the instructions in the help file?
Previous Topic:Executing a workflow (MWE) using a Model.xmi which is not part of a resource
Next Topic:From OWL 2 metamodel to any abstract syntax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:08:53 GMT 2024